Official University of Sunderland Medicine applicants 2020 thread Watch

UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by GalInSixthForm)
Thanks! Any advice on how to practice for the numeracy test?? There's a lack of resources online as only a few medical schools do this and I don't do AS/A-Level Maths. The last time I did maths was at GCSE so its a bit rusty!
Hi

As part of the interview invite, there was information on how to prepare for the numeracy test with example questions. These will be able to give you a general idea of the type of questions that are likely to be asked and will help you figure out areas you may need a little recap on.

You will also be provided with a calculator during the test.

Thanks
Advertisement
GalInSixthForm
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by UniversityOfSunderland)
Hi

As part of the interview invite, there was information on how to prepare for the numeracy test with example questions. These will be able to give you a general idea of the type of questions that are likely to be asked and will help you figure out areas you may need a little recap on.

You will also be provided with a calculator during the test.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply!

I've already had a practice of the questions so I guess I have a rough idea of types of questions they may ask.

Is the numeracy equally as important as one station of the MMI, or has it got more weight on your overall interview scoring?
Crumblexcrackers
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Cgallagher2)
Got mine! January 6th! So happy
Me too!
Advertisement
Mds0412
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyone answered the example questions provided in the email (Sunderland) and want to compare answers?
UniversityOfSunderland
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply!

I've already had a practice of the questions so I guess I have a rough idea of types of questions they may ask.

Is the numeracy equally as important as one station of the MMI, or has it got more weight on your overall interview scoring?
Hi there,

Great, practice makes perfect
Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose the weighting of the Maths test, but we would encourage you to prepare for all aspects of the interview as much as possible.
Sending you lots of luck!
Advertisement
Jaybeuk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My son had his interview today. He said everyone was really friendly, and although it was a long morning the process was very relaxed. He came home really impressed. Good luck to all with interviews still to come.
UniversityOfSunderland
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jaybeuk)
My son had his interview today. He said everyone was really friendly, and although it was a long morning the process was very relaxed. He came home really impressed. Good luck to all with interviews still to come.
Great to hear!
Fingers crossed for him
Advertisement
eliseparkin1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got an interview at Sunderland too! although I believe mine's on the 6th. Any got any more tips on how they're preparing?
GalInSixthForm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know the name of that machine used by the uni to teach anatomy?? its like a screen and you can zoom in and out...
Advertisement
Anonymoooo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know the name of that machine used by the uni to teach anatomy?? its like a screen and you can zoom in and out...
If you scroll down and look at anatomy provision you can find out about it, the ‘Anatomage table’
utv
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does anyone want to compare answers for the example questions sent via email? I want to see if I got them correct but there's no mark scheme. thanks
Advertisement
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by utv)
does anyone want to compare answers for the example questions sent via email? I want to see if I got them correct but there's no mark scheme. thanks
This is an interview, not an exam. There is no mark scheme and no "correct" or "incorrect" answers. It is about the interviewers finding out what you are like as a person and how your thought processes work
utv
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the maths test...
Advertisement
Pheebster1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by utv)
Yes i don’t mind doing so
Sh_A
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, just saw this thread. My interview is on the 7th too!! 1 pm.
chebiomatphy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone who had interviews today how’d they go??
utv
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
people who do the interview are really friendly. it felt informal which was good for the nerves. the maths test wasn't to bad. have you had yours?
Advertisement
SleepyGnome
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone know when the decisions for before Christmas interviews are released?
Jaybeuk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SleepyGnome)
Anyone know when the decisions for before Christmas interviews are released?
End of Jan, I believe my son was told.
SleepyGnome
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jaybeuk)
End of Jan, I believe my son was told.
Thanks very much, good luck to him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads