Police Now's National Detective Programme 2019 Watch

Rhiesn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Brilliant, fingers crossed we get through 🙏🏻. They are similar to the practice ones so give them a go. I also practiced similar style questions on another site. I found them more helpful as you were given the answers once completed unlike the practice tests. Hopefully more people will join the thread soon 😀
Blockli
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Rhianydd)
Brilliant, fingers crossed we get through 🙏🏻. They are similar to the practice ones so give them a go. I also practiced similar style questions on another site. I found them more helpful as you were given the answers once completed unlike the practice tests. Hopefully more people will join the thread soon 😀
Do you have a link to the website you used please? Sorry to bombard you, I'm so useless at Maths so I'm really fretting!
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No problem at all. I absolutely hate maths too 🙈.
https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/capp-numerical.htm
Blockli
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No problem at all. I absolutely hate maths too 🙈.
https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/capp-numerical.htm
Ah that's amazing, thank you so much! Keep us posted on how you do!
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lpear)
Yeah I have no idea how competitive it’ll be, I think the 2 years work experience is a good move though. No I haven’t heard anything on the online test results and I sat them last Wednesday - I reckon it’ll be about a week longer, I was so keen with getting my application in haha
Have you heard anything yet?
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
And you. Good luck with the assessments 😀
(Original post by Blockli)
Ah that's amazing, thank you so much! Keep us posted on how you do!
lpear
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nope I’ve not heard anything, I’ll post here as soon as I do (even if it’s to say bye!). Wishing you both the best 🙂
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Im so Impatient ha ha. Hope you have good news soon 🤞🏻
(Original post by lpear)
Nope I’ve not heard anything, I’ll post here as soon as I do (even if it’s to say bye!). Wishing you both the best 🙂
Blockli
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If anyone is concerned about fitness prep (the only other thing that would let me down aside maths!) There's a six week plan on the met police website that you can download.
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Fab! I’ll definitely have a look at that!
(Original post by Blockli)
If anyone is concerned about fitness prep (the only other thing that would let me down aside maths!) There's a six week plan on the met police website that you can download.
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey I've applied for this as well! Good luck to you all!
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good luck! How far are you in the process? Which force are you applying to?
(Original post by laurenjade24)
Hey I've applied for this as well! Good luck to you all!
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I completed the numerical and verbal reasoning tests on Friday so just waiting now for the outcome! And I’m applying to Staffordshire 😊 just gotta be patient with the waiting around now 😂
Good luck! How far are you in the process? Which force are you applying to?
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The waiting is killing me 🙈
I completed the numerical and verbal reasoning tests on Friday so just waiting now for the outcome! And I’m applying to Staffordshire 😊 just gotta be patient with the waiting around now 😂
laurenjade24
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I know i feel the same! 😂 what’s your degree background in?

The waiting is killing me 🙈
Rhiesn
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
In Support, how about you?

I know i feel the same! 😂 what’s your degree background in?
Tashraven
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Tell me about it with the waiting!

I completed mine on 13th march, last wednesday. Got an email the next day saying - This is just a quick note to let you know that we are considering your application and will be in touch again with next steps as soon as we can.

Havent heard anything again since...
lpear
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I had the same email on the 7th - I thought “next steps” sounded promising! But for me it’s been almost 2 weeks still, no news is good news for now!
(Original post by Tashraven)
Tell me about it with the waiting!

I completed mine on 13th march, last wednesday. Got an email the next day saying - This is just a quick note to let you know that we are considering your application and will be in touch again with next steps as soon as we can.

Havent heard anything again since...
OverDave
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Any mature students applied for this role?

Reason I ask is that I graduated last year so I don't have 2 years post graduation experience however I have 10 years work experience prior, and have travelled and worked abroad, I hold positions on the health and safety committee and as a union convenor for my workplace etc.

They stress that the reason they ask for two years post graduation experience is for "workplace maturity", I feel I'm disqualified by a technicality.

Anyone know if there is a way around other than to wait?

Thanks!
Tashraven
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I would say probably contact police now and find out. I dont think having your degree after 10 years of work experience would disadvantage you. I think the two years work experience criteria is so people have experience as alot of people with degrees might not have much experience if thry have just graduated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads