Police Now's National Detective Programme 2019 Watch

Yappyyy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Blockli)
I'm not sure what the outcome has been for everyone - but if anyone has been rejected despite what they said in the email about personalised feedback, they replied to me today and unfortunately mine was because of my work experience as suspected. Thought I'd let you guys know that if you do reply to them I'm pretty sure they don't mind giving feedback!

Good luck and let us know how you all get on.
I'm really sorry to hear that. What was their issue with your work experience? And how long did it take for them to get back to you once you'd finished your video interview/situation assessment stuff?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kate0807
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone else not heard back yet at all? Checked my portal and it still says in progress too!
Tashraven
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sorry to hear you were rejected, it's good they gave you feedback so you know what you're working with... it's also reassuring to know they will give feedback if we ask. Hopefully we hear back soon from the interview because the waiting is hell..

(Original post by Blockli)
I'm not sure what the outcome has been for everyone - but if anyone has been rejected despite what they said in the email about personalised feedback, they replied to me today and unfortunately mine was because of my work experience as suspected. Thought I'd let you guys know that if you do reply to them I'm pretty sure they don't mind giving feedback!

Good luck and let us know how you all get on.
lpear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I read on the other police now thread it’s typically 1 - 14 working days for their responses to video interviews, thought that might be useful to know for those who did it over the weekend I’m fully expecting bad news now though, they weren’t difficult questions but I couldn’t be myself with the camera ha!
Yappyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lpear)
I read on the other police now thread it’s typically 1 - 14 working days for their responses to video interviews, thought that might be useful to know for those who did it over the weekend I’m fully expecting bad news now though, they weren’t difficult questions but I couldn’t be myself with the camera ha!
That's very helpful, thanks for the info!
Haha I know. I didn't realise my face was so weird until I had to watch myself talk 😂
lpear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My portal has just said in progress all along I think, no indication of stage - they might be looking at people in batches or splitting out forces so wouldn’t be too concerned
(Original post by Kate0807)
Has anyone else not heard back yet at all? Checked my portal and it still says in progress too!
Kate0807
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Weirdly, my invitation for the video stage has just come through! Thanks though ☺️
(Original post by lpear)
My portal has just said in progress all along I think, no indication of stage - they might be looking at people in batches or splitting out forces so wouldn’t be too concerned
lpear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congrats! Good luck with it
(Original post by Kate0807)
Weirdly, my invitation for the video stage has just come through! Thanks though ☺️
hazautumn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! I’m following the thread to get an idea of the application process as I’m hoping to apply in the future. I’m just coming to the end of my undergraduate degree and I’m going onto do a masters but my masters is via distance learning so I’m hoping to work full time alongside it for a few years! Has anyone had an issue with distinguishing work experience/study time if they overlap? Will they want 2 years of work experience beyond my masters even if I work full time alongside it? I don’t want to delay the process too much so maybe I’ll apply the traditional way and work my way up!

Good luck to anyone with ongoing applications!!
sophlau1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello everyone,

I have just submitted my application, and applied to Greater Manchester. Do you know how long the wait is until you find out any info on whether you made it to the next stage??

Good luck everyone!
Yappyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sophlau1)
Hello everyone,

I have just submitted my application, and applied to Greater Manchester. Do you know how long the wait is until you find out any info on whether you made it to the next stage??

Good luck everyone!
Hey, I applied for GMP too. I'd reached the third stage in less than a week after applying, so from what I can tell, it's quite fast-paced! Good luck!
lpear
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Also Manchester but I applied on the first day it opened so it’s been longggg for me, I don’t think they gave out any video interviews until last Friday! The video link in the email only have 50 views when I clicked on it haha
Yappyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lpear)
Also Manchester but I applied on the first day it opened so it’s been longggg for me, I don’t think they gave out any video interviews until last Friday! The video link in the email only have 50 views when I clicked on it haha
Ha, it was up to about 110 when I looked, but still not very much at all!
sophlau1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
does anyone know what percentage scores on the tests is a pass? really nervous for the numeracy one :no:
Yappyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
does anyone know what percentage scores on the tests is a pass? really nervous for the numeracy one :no:
They don't specify, I don't think. Honestly, just maybe have a look at the practice questions and look at some basic maths stuff. It's nothing too taxing, and I'm absolutely appalling at maths!
Rhiesn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes just do some practice ones before the real thing. I put a link earlier in the thread to practice ones that are very similar to what came up. I’m horrendous with maths and I passed so you should be fine 🤞🏻. Good luck!
Siminy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone! I'm applying for Cambridgeshire constabulary and just received the invitation to the video assessment. Is anyone else also applying for the Met police's trainee detective scheme?
elericlarke
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi I applied for Greater Manchester too, it's been 3.5 weeks since I applied and I still don't know if I've passed screening yet. They sent me an e-mail 1 week ago asking for further information on my application which I replied to that day. Hopefully they'll tell me soon!
Hello everyone,

Good luck everyone!
sophlau1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello, I have received an email today saying they don’t want to take my application any further not sure why, but good luck to you all! I wish you all the best
Yappyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that 😔 Did they give you any feedback?
Hello, I have received an email today saying they don’t want to take my application any further not sure why, but good luck to you all! I wish you all the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
14.84%
The paper was reasonable (802)
56.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.69%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.35%

Watched Threads