The Student Room Group

Do I stay with my boyfriend?

Okay so, I've been going out with my boyfriend for a few months now.. we were friends before that. I actually met him on social media, we've FaceTime'd ect, and I've went to see him a few times as we don't actually live that far away from eachother. (just to give you some back story). the relationship was going really well until I started to kind of go downhill and got quite depressed about everything (don't know if I was just being emotional or what) but he was there for me at first, and then all of a sudden started totally ignoring me.. He told me he couldn't deal with me being like that all the time (which I somewhat understand, but it hurt all the same) so I ended up having to force myself to be okay just for him to talk to me. But the time he was gone, I ended up getting really close to his friend, and he ended up helping me feel better about myself. My boyfriend started talking to me again recently, he apologised but I'm not sure I feel the same way about him anymore, and have started to like his friend as bad as that sounds. lately I'd rather call his friend than him, we talk a lot. recently I've realised that we flirt with eachother a lot now, and I feel really guilty about it. I feel like he cares for me more than my own boyfriend does. His friend also told me he liked me, which makes matters more confusing for me. But I do still love my boyfriend, so I don't know what to do.. Should I stay with my boyfriend and try and work it out? should I tell him about his friend? should I distance myself from his friend to get over my feelings?
This is complicated to be honest. How long have you been feeling this way, towards your bf's friend? Because if you've been feeling this way for a while now, then maybe your current relationship has ran it's course. I think not speaking to either one for a little while would be good because you need to straighten your feelings out. You can love someone but that doesn't always mean you are in love with them. That maybe the case with you and your bf. Maybe you feel the dynamic changed after he kind of went ghost on you when you needed him the most, and someone else stepped in to help you. You have to think this through because once you make a choice, there really is no going back from, especially because the other guy is your bf's friend. You have to be sure of your feelings for your bf; do you see a long future with him? Or are you just with him because you feel comfortable with him? And the biggest question, are you just settling? Think it through and weigh out the pros and cons, and once you feel sure of your thoughts for both guys, make your decision and talk it out with you bf as well. The worst thing someone can do is keep another person in the dark about their feelings and then have them find out you are into someone else and you've been replaced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending