Will oyster card be charged if I tap out and then tap in again 15 mins later

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I' going from Mile End to Leicester Square. If I tap out at Leicester Square, quickly pop into a shop and then tap into the station again maybe 15 mins later, and then continue on my journey, would this be extra charge?
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I' going from Mile End to Leicester Square. If I tap out at Leicester Square, quickly pop into a shop and then tap into the station again maybe 15 mins later, and then continue on my journey, would this be extra charge?
It would be a separate journey, not sure how you define "extra charge". Your card will register a journey from Mile End to Leicester Square then another from Leicester Square to wherever you next get out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jameswhughes)
It would be a separate journey, not sure how you define "extra charge". Your card will register a journey from Mile End to Leicester Square then another from Leicester Square to wherever you next get out.
Oh, so would I lose any money? Say If I went directly from Mile End to Victoria, would that be more/less money than if I were to get off at Leicester Square, get back on and then go to Victoria from there?
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh, so would I lose any money? Say If I went directly from Mile End to Victoria, would that be more/less money than if I were to get off at Leicester Square, get back on and then go to Victoria from there?
Erm... Mile End to Victoria is the same price as Mile End to Leicester Square, it's a Zone 2 to Zone 1 journey. I don't know what you mean by get off at Leicester Square and get back on, if you go from Mile End to Victoria you would take the District line which doesn't go through Leicester Square.

Are you trying to go to Victoria or Leicester Square?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jameswhughes)
Erm... Mile End to Victoria is the same price as Mile End to Leicester Square, it's a Zone 2 to Zone 1 journey. I don't know what you mean by get off at Leicester Square and get back on, if you go from Mile End to Victoria you would take the District line which doesn't go through Leicester Square.

Are you trying to go to Victoria or Leicester Square?
The end destination is Victoria. I will set off from Mile End. I wanted to quickly get off at Leicester Square to check out a shop, hop back on and continue on my way to Victoria. But I was just wondering if this would cost more money as you said it is counted as another journey. And if it does, I will just not get off at Leicester Square and go straight to Victoria (obv like you said by changing to District).

Sorry its confusing lool
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The end destination is Victoria. I will set off from Mile End. I wanted to quickly get off at Leicester Square to check out a shop, hop back on and continue on my way to Victoria. But I was just wondering if this would cost more money as you said it is counted as another journey. And if it does, I will just not get off at Leicester Square and go straight to Victoria (obv like you said by changing to District).

Sorry its confusing lool
It doesn't take much to hit the cap if you're going to be making more journeys around London that day, so if you are doing this then you don't have to worry about an extra journey.

Or you could go to your shop in Leicester Square first, then walk to Victoria - it's doesn't too long across Green Park/The Mall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed