The Student Room Group

Citizenship.

If I wanted to go into public relations, would Citizenship be helpful?

My history teacher said Citizenship is all about the public and public relations, but I assumed Media would be better as it helps you analyse information and allows you to think about your audience. Will Citizenship help me? If so, how?
Original post by Fabiha_W_B

My history teacher said Citizenship is all about the public and public relations, but I assumed Media would be better as it helps you analyse information and allows you to think about your audience. Will Citizenship help me? If so, how?

Back when I did citizenship it was a lot about political systems, rights and responsibilities of the general public and the such like. While I wouldn't say it would be unhelpful I'm not sure it would be particularly helpful either.
Equally I wouldn't think media would be much tbh, it was mostly the analysis of films etc. Rather than stuff that would more useful to public relations. GCSE choices rarely matter much, I would just choose what you think you would enjoy most and get the best grades in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabiha_W_B

Not neccesarily, it does give you a understanding of general rights and responsibilites of citizen's, but not to a great extent. Media on the other hand will probably be of less help in my opinion :tongue:. You can go into Public Relations without either, so I would advise you to choose what one you enjoy best! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest