What would you like to see from Books, Literature, and Comics?

Watch
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone :wavey:

As part of the Forum of the Week, the Books forum would like some feedback on what you want to see from the Books forum, and what you think of the Books forum generally.

As you might be able to see this is one of the quieter forums compared to some of the others on The Student Room Image
So, due to this, we'd love your feedback to ensure that you are getting what you want from the forum, and anything you'd like to change.

We'd appreciate it if you could let us know about the following points:
  • Do you have any suggestions on what you would like to see from the Books forum?
  • Do you have any constructive criticism about the forum?
  • Would you prefer to focus on improving discussion in existing threads, or creating new threads (even if they may be variations on the same theme?
  • What types of threads do you enjoy participating in?
  • What threads do you tend to avoid and why?
  • Which TSR book societies would you would you like to be brought back/started? (bearing in mind we have about 10+ of already existing but dormant ones...
  • Do you have any other ideas on how the Books forum could be improved? (this could revolve around competitions, quizzes etc.)

:grouphugs:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 year ago
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
:bump:
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Quizzes :teeth: Who doesn't love a good kwiz :coma:

Feel like a tournament of everyone's favourite book in x genre might be good.

This might be a bit too theoretical, but I wouldn't mind a debate on literary theory, whether the reader is the one who gives meaning, whether class or gender narratives can always be found in literature. This might be quite dull though.:dontknow:

Literature includes plays and poetry too. What's your favourite poem? Do you have a favourite play? What's your favourite stage musical? Who is the best poet (poll).
Alexiya1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I love stories where not all is as it seems. Most of mine revolve around that concept. For instance, one I'm looking for help on right now is about a boy who is secretly a Changeling and fights against magical threats that come into the real world alongside his friends. Then I have another where a guy is actually a girl etc.Although I like books about american society like https://artscolumbia.org/category/am...-dream-essays/
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Quizzes :teeth: Who doesn't love a good kwiz :coma:

Feel like a tournament of everyone's favourite book in x genre might be good.

This might be a bit too theoretical, but I wouldn't mind a debate on literary theory, whether the reader is the one who gives meaning, whether class or gender narratives can always be found in literature. This might be quite dull though.:dontknow:

Literature includes plays and poetry too. What's your favourite poem? Do you have a favourite play? What's your favourite stage musical? Who is the best poet (poll).
Thank you! They're some pretty neat ideas :yep:
I recall the Pub Quiz had a decent turnout so with some planning it would definitely be good to do a a few quizzes :thumbsup:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (10)
55.56%
No (7)
38.89%
I don't know (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads