The Student Room Group

Which uni is better

I’ve applied and have offers from both Manchester Met uni and London College of Communication, to study photography. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on which uni is best for photography or how to make my decision?
Hey Elise,

Sorry to see you haven't had any replies yet, I hope I can help bump the post for you if nothing else. Although it is not relevant to the specific universities, here is my advice to you:

When choosing my university, I definitely thought a lot about where I would feel most comfortable and happy, as I knew I wouldn't be working to my full potential living somewhere where I wasn't. Here are some questions that I considered when choosing where to do my degree;

Which university has the best facilities and which allows students longer access to both equipment and lecturers/ tutors?
Which has modules that suit you and your work better? You can usually find module break-downs on the course page of the website or prospectus.
Which city did you prefer and why?
Where would you be happier living?
Think about the pros and cons of both the universities, both the courses and both the cities - hopefully, that will help you to figure out the clear better option for you.

Best,
Harriet :smile:
Second Year BA(Hons) Photography Student and Student Ambassador at Plymouth College of Art

Quick Reply

Latest