Studying Journalism and accommodation?

Watch
daisymp16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I've applied to study Media, Journalism and Culture at Cardiff University and the Journalism building is in Central Square in the City Center, when looking at accommodation they are all far away from the journalism building so I was just wondering if anyone knows which is closest and would be most convenient to get to lectures? I don't know Cardiff City very well so just want advice from people who know it a bit better
alice.p12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I've also applied to do Journalism (and Communications)! Unfortunately I don't have experience at Cardiff myself so I can't necessarily give you any actual helpful information, sorry! Do you have ideas of which accommodation residences you would like to put as your top choices?
BethMendleton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I have firmed Cardiff for media and communications in September and faced the same issue. I have booked accommodation at liberty park it is literally a five minute walk from the JOMEC building. I checked it out on an applicant day it is really good value only 112 pounds a week for an ensuite room. I was worried it would mean I am left out of campus life but it is like any other student accommodation and they put on events. It is only a 15-20 minute walk from student union anyway. Hope this helps x
(Original post by daisymp16)
Hi,
I've applied to study Media, Journalism and Culture at Cardiff University and the Journalism building is in Central Square in the City Center, when looking at accommodation they are all far away from the journalism building so I was just wondering if anyone knows which is closest and would be most convenient to get to lectures? I don't know Cardiff City very well so just want advice from people who know it a bit better
Hi
daisymp16
Rep:
?
Hi, is it Liberty house on Clodien Avenue like the one on the Cardiff uni residence list? When I google the distance it says it’s an 11 minute drive to Central Square and a 51 minute walk!
lb09062
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I've applied to do Media and Communications at Cardiff Uni and I've had the same problem. Every time I've looked at the accommodation distance from the JOMEC building, they all seem to be far away, I think the closest one was an 18 min bus ride (??) and that residence was part-catered anyway. I'm going to the open day in Cardiff on 27 March though so I'm going to ask about closest residences, so I could come and update this thread once I know more about it?
daisymp16
Rep:
?
Yes please that would be great!
BethMendleton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its liberty park not liberty house, it is private so isnt part of official cardiff uni residences but is part of 'liberty living' and is student accommodation it just isn't part of cardiff uni. Apparently lots of Jomex students stay there as it is so close to the new building
Hi, is it Liberty house on Clodien Avenue like the one on the Cardiff uni residence list? When I google the distance it says it’s an 11 minute drive to Central Square and a 51 minute walk!
BethMendleton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here is the link
http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/stude...odation/cardif
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed