Cram? Not revise at all?

Watch
StudyBunny3
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a super hard science test tomorrow and I had a week to revise for it, I was poorly over the last week and had a math test that I was focused on revising for. Now I have quite a tricky test tomorrow and I only have today to revise. I'm horrible at science and cramming so I don't know what to do! I'm in Year 8 and the topic is the periodic table.
Here is the revision List:
-properties of metals/non metals
-changes of state
-reversible/non reversible reactions
-elements and symbols
- periodic table arrangement
-Mendeleev's table and how he arranged the table
-names of groups identify where alkali metals and halogens etc are

its coming up to the end of term and they're writing up reports and I don't want to get a bad grade as my parents will get mad. Help!
ansari123
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
how about you chill
Alexokay
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
first of all relax.
second of all just start. Pick the first topic, and if you have a revision guide use it to revise in whatever way helps you the most.
If you do not yet have a revision guide (I did not in year 8) then watch free science lessons videos on the topics you said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3NE...t0PsuAbxYpw2_1

from what it sounds like, the videos in the playlist should be the videos 12 - 20 (sounds daunting but the videos are short and to the point)
lphistory
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You should be able to do this in an evening, but one bad grade won't change your future massively. Your teacher will also take your performance over the year into account should you fail or do badly. Look at BBC Bitesize - everything you've listed should be on there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7%
October 2021 (191)
46.14%
November 2021 (42)
10.14%
December 2021 (54)
13.04%
January 2021 (45)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.42%