Xenonical
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have an offer from nottingham for foundation med. But ive had a change of heart and want to do the 5 instead. Any one had any experience in being given the opportunity to do the a100 instead.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Xenonical)
I have an offer from nottingham for foundation med. But ive had a change of heart and want to do the 5 instead. Any one had any experience in being given the opportunity to do the a100 instead.
Your difficulty is the course is very likely to be full. Contact them now and ask if you do much better then whether they will consider you for a100.
Presumably you dont have your grades yet? I would be happy just to have a place.
Xenonical
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Yh ill call. I was happy to do the a108, but i am a resit and that would put me 2 years behind everyone else, just feel like maybe that extra year isnt needed.
And youre right, beggars cant be chosers 🤣
(Original post by 999tigger)
Your difficulty is the course is very likely to be full. Contact them now and ask if you do much better then whether they will consider you for a100.
Presumably you dont have your grades yet? I would be happy just to have a place.
meddad
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Xenonical)
Yh ill call. I was happy to do the a108, but i am a resit and that would put me 2 years behind everyone else, just feel like maybe that extra year isnt needed.
And youre right, beggars cant be chosers 🤣
You wouldn't be 2 years behind everyone else. When my daughter started Med School she was in a work group of 8 students. Only 3 were school leavers and my recollection is that 3 others will complete their degree at a later age than you will be when you complete yours. Also quite a lot of Uni Med courses are 6 years anyway. It's not beggars can't be chosers - it's a great opportunity that a lot of people would be eternally grateful for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?