The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Physician Associate Masters QMUL 2020 Entry

Hi,

I'm planning on applying to QMUL for the PA masters. Are there any current QMUL PA students who can tell me how much work experience is needed and whether specific PA experience is needed?

Many thanks.
I'm interested as well
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hey, I am applying too, sent off my application.
Search up policy for Admissions MSc physician associate programme qmul pdf. This was last years I think, it gives you an insight to the process and selection. I am just confused whether this course gives the £5000 HEE grant, cause I cant see any info on the website.
gd luck
Original post by Maiyaaa1011
Hi,

I'm planning on applying to QMUL for the PA masters. Are there any current QMUL PA students who can tell me how much work experience is needed and whether specific PA experience is needed?

Many thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
You don't need specific PA work experience, but having work experience in any form of care, whether it is a care home or hospital, etc will help in your application process.
Original post by Maiyaaa1011
Hi,

Many thanks.
Hello there, thank you for posting this. I just finished my Bsc Bio-med and I want to go into being a PA. I need to apply ASAP for the Jan 2020 start. But I am struggling with my cover letter, please can you give me tips and on what to include. I actually don't have much experience in working in hospitals, I've been a patient a few times though - medical issues. But I don't know if I should include that? Or may it make me seem unable to do the job. I also have experience in banks, thats financial. Please let me know. I want the application to be good enough. I'm so scared :frown:
You should definitely include the part of being a patient as it gives you an insight of how healthcare is, you can use your experiences to help shape your PA future
Explain why you want to be a PA and how your current skills is suitable
Describe any relevant research experience - for example, as part of a previous degree or how doing biomed helps with being a PA
Lists any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication
Original post by Tinkywinky01
Hello there, thank you for posting this. I just finished my Bsc Bio-med and I want to go into being a PA. I need to apply ASAP for the Jan 2020 start. But I am struggling with my cover letter, please can you give me tips and on what to include. I actually don't have much experience in working in hospitals, I've been a patient a few times though - medical issues. But I don't know if I should include that? Or may it make me seem unable to do the job. I also have experience in banks, thats financial. Please let me know. I want the application to be good enough. I'm so scared :frown:
HEE does provide £5000 towards your tuition fee over the 2 years for this course
Original post by Ema.98
Hey, I am applying too, sent off my application.
Search up policy for Admissions MSc physician associate programme qmul pdf. This was last years I think, it gives you an insight to the process and selection. I am just confused whether this course gives the £5000 HEE grant, cause I cant see any info on the website.
gd luck
Thank you. That helped, fingers crossed now
Original post by Anonymous
You should definitely include the part of being a patient as it gives you an insight of how healthcare is, you can use your experiences to help shape your PA future
Explain why you want to be a PA and how your current skills is suitable
Describe any relevant research experience - for example, as part of a previous degree or how doing biomed helps with being a PA
Lists any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication
Hi,I just wanted to find out if you have a link to anything that details the HEE contribution to the PA course. Would be really helpful to have a read through the specific details as there isn't anything on the Barts fees and funding section of the course website.Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending