Feel left out? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm 20 and feel really left out, I keep comparing my life to others and feel miserable. I really dislike my college course and am struggling to find a job, I have asked a careers advisor to help me with my CV, I can't find a part-time job right now, even with hotel or waiting jobs I get told I don't have the skills needed. I've worked at Asda for about 6 months but it was only on temp covering for someone else.

Any advice? I just feel miserable right now.
remybrunel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly don’t compare yourself to other people- things are going to be different for everyone and maybe your time just hasn’t come. Don’t give up. keep searching for work maybe print out your CV and go door to door in town and hand them out. Maybe take some time off college to think of what it is you want to do so you’re sure and fully in love with the course before you commit to it. I hope things get better for you❤️ I’ve felt like this many times before but keep striving and picking yourself up because I promise you it will pay off in the end xxx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Hi , I'm nowhere near qualified enough to to tell you how you should live your life ,but I can tell you one thing.
Maybe you should consider trying to change college courses ,and try to find new jobs that don't require experience. It may seem hopeless but I promise everything will soon be worthwhile.

Don't give up and keep your head high.
Everything will be fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by remybrunel)
Firstly don’t compare yourself to other people- things are going to be different for everyone and maybe your time just hasn’t come. Don’t give up. keep searching for work maybe print out your CV and go door to door in town and hand them out. Maybe take some time off college to think of what it is you want to do so you’re sure and fully in love with the course before you commit to it. I hope things get better for you❤️ I’ve felt like this many times before but keep striving and picking yourself up because I promise you it will pay off in the end xxx
Thanks, I just feel fed up right now with the lack of luck with finding work, trying then getting rejected all the time is really frustrating. I applied to a hotel a 2 minute walk from me and they rejected me twice already, it's really frustrating, they said I didn't have the skills required. I feel like I hit a dead end.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks, I just feel fed up right now with the lack of luck with finding work, trying then getting rejected all the time is really frustrating. I applied to a hotel a 2 minute walk from me and they rejected me twice already, it's really frustrating, they said I didn't have the skills required. I feel like I hit a dead end.
You haven't
remybrunel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Did you ask them what sorts of skills they require? If you haven’t make sure you do otherwise how are you to know how to improve on you next try? If they need you to have certain experience try to think of if you have that experience and if not, it’s time to find that experience. There is always a solution. Keep your head up and don’t give up. It might seem hard now but if you give up it’s never going to get any better xxx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by remybrunel)
Did you ask them what sorts of skills they require? If you haven’t make sure you do otherwise how are you to know how to improve on you next try? If they need you to have certain experience try to think of if you have that experience and if not, it’s time to find that experience. There is always a solution. Keep your head up and don’t give up. It might seem hard now but if you give up it’s never going to get any better xxx
They told me after I applied "I didn't have the skills or experience required at this time" for any of their jobs. I think I might need to try and find some experience somewhere but it's really hard to find someone to train me up. All my friends work their so not to get in was pretty disappointing for me. I'm gonna change up my CV with my skills etc so I can see how that goes. I find it kinda hard because I live in a really remote area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads