What have we learned about Britain from Brexit? (poll) Watch

Poll: What have we discovered about Britain from Brexit?
That we are no longer a great power (3)
6.25%
That we need Europe a lot more than they need us (4)
8.33%
That trade with the EU really does matter (0)
0%
That people around the world don't owe us a living (0)
0%
That the US is not as nice an ally to have as some thought (0)
0%
That we are actually quite a minor power and it's a tough world (2)
4.17%
That some Brexit problems are insoluble (0)
0%
That we now face economic and national decline (2)
4.17%
That the hardline Brexit that surfaced immediately after the Referendum, supported by Theresa May, was utterly foolish and wrong (2)
4.17%
All of the above (35)
72.92%
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Possibly, but I think that happened when a close win on a one-line referendum was immediately seized on by the Tory Party and converted into an overwhelming mandate for a hard Brexit.
To suggest it's a recent phenomena belies your education and knowledge. You know better than that.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Drewski)
To suggest it's a recent phenomena belies your education and knowledge. You know better than that.
It's the way the Tories have conducted it post-referendum that most annoys me (and many others), but of course I accept that it has a longer history.

Coming back to the topic, do you think that Brexit has had a negative effect on Britain or a positive one?
CurlyBen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's the way the Tories have conducted it post-referendum that most annoys me (and many others), but of course I accept that it has a longer history.

Coming back to the topic, do you think that Brexit has had a negative effect on Britain or a positive one?
Do you really think Corbyn would have handled it much better? He's had the luxury of not having to make his own position clear, let alone negotiate a deal with the EU. The Labour party are just as divided although for different reasons.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drewski)
That all sense of balance and nuance has been lost.

And that includes you, FoS.
Enlighten us oh balanced one :adore:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ermmm remind me ?

:confused:
viddy9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
"Dont listen to democracy, people can be wrong"

"Please listen to democracy when it goes my way"

And this is why democracy is useless.
For the record, I don't support reversing Brexit. I support the EEA option, which many prominent Leavers, including Peter Hitchens, Christopher Booker, Richard North and Daniel Hannan are supportive of.

The whole process has been farcical from the very beginning. Referenda are a terrible way to make policy.
NickAlex12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OP knows that if they included a “none of the above” option, it would have got the most votes, which is why they restricted it to only options that fit their agenda.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by CurlyBen)
Do you really think Corbyn would have handled it much better? He's had the luxury of not having to make his own position clear, let alone negotiate a deal with the EU. The Labour party are just as divided although for different reasons.
We know that Corbyn wouldn't have handled it better, as he hasn't - that's not to say there wasn't a better way to handle it than the pathetic crapshow put on by the likes of Theresa May, David Davies, etc, etc.
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We know that Corbyn wouldn't have handled it better, as he hasn't - that's not to say there wasn't a better way to handle it than the pathetic crapshow put on by the likes of Theresa May, David Davies, etc, etc.
All of parliament is culpable for this, and will be held to account come the next GE.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
Why isnt there an option for none of the above? Very biased poll.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re very immature and nothing more than a petulant troll.
-Eirlys-
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That British people are stubborn and if they don't get the result they want, they fight to change the result which completely undermines the point of making a vote.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
You’re very immature and nothing more than a petulant troll.
It's more of a declaration of the obvious, but thanks for taking the time and all, you must drop by my threads again.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannxm)
That British people are stubborn and if they don't get the result they want, they fight to change the result which completely undermines the point of making a vote.
The reality is that it was a close and by no means decisive vote, which was then seized on as utterly decisive by the Brexiteers and the Tory Party leadership and it is that seizure which has rightly led to the huge dissatisfaction and anger in the country.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's more of a declaration of the obvious, but thanks for taking the time and all, you must drop by my threads again.
I’m really surprised that you haven’t been banned yet. None of your threads are remotely constructive and they don’t invite debate. Just pure hissy fits.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
I’m really surprised that you haven’t been banned yet. None of your threads are remotely constructive and they don’t invite debate. Just pure hissy fits.
My threads have featured more than 10 times in Today on TSR - yours?

Also, using 'hissy fit' on International Women's Day is a bit shameful, you should get that sexism looked at.
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wwwoooowww this poll is more defeatist than I expected I'm out!
CurlyBen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't disagree it's been terribly handled, but why lay all the blame at the Tories' door when Labour have been equally as useless?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CurlyBen)
I don't disagree it's been terribly handled, but why lay all the blame at the Tories' door when Labour have been equally as useless?
Labour are not the ones in power.
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My threads have featured more than 10 times in Today on TSR - yours?
I assume this is the opening to your Who's Who entry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (111)
17.54%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.74%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.38%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.53%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (189)
29.86%

Watched Threads