Uni in Australia for British student with Polish passport

Watch
_WOLF_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I was born in Poland and I moved to England 11 years ago. I am currently in first year of college and have the joy of looking at unis.

The thing is that I don’t want to stay in the Uk. I hate this country with a passion, and I want to leave it behind as soon as I can.

I’ve been looking at the US and Australia and Europe and so on for a BA in Graphic design.

My question is how do I go about applying for Australia as it’s the most appealing. What about the fees and is there finance available? What if I have to find my own accommodation? How do I afford it all?

Also I have a polish passport but English school certificates, does that mean I am an eu student or not after brexit?

If you have any experience studying abroad please share! I need help •_•
Last edited by _WOLF_; 1 year ago
mpaprika
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
też nie lubię anglii, dobrze że ktoś jeszcze tak myśli
DriBokaie1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _WOLF_)
So I was born in Poland and I moved to England 11 years ago. I am currently in first year of college and have the joy of looking at unis.

The thing is that I don’t want to stay in the Uk. I hate this country with a passion, and I want to leave it behind as soon as I can.

I’ve been looking at the US and Australia and Europe and so on for a BA in Graphic design.

My question is how do I go about applying for Australia as it’s the most appealing. What about the fees and is there finance available? What if I have to find my own accommodation? How do I afford it all?

Also I have a polish passport but English school certificates, does that mean I am an eu student or not after brexit?

If you have any experience studying abroad please share! I need help •_•
First of all, ask yourself WHY you dislike the UK?

I am an American who moved to the UK for my undergrad degree because I absolutely could not stand the U.S.... Politics and the redneck culture taking over being the #1 reasons. I love it here cause most people have the same personality as me, and it's in Europe so its near all these amazing countries.

Honestly, I have no clue about studying in Australia. But in terms of affording, you might have to take out a loan and just bust your butt to pay off everything. Make sure you are not making an impulsive decision that will leave you financially crippled and under so much stress.
_WOLF_
Rep:
?
(Original post by mpaprika)
też nie lubię anglii, dobrze że ktoś jeszcze tak myśli
Anglia jest do dupy. Mam dosyć tych ludzi i tej pogody. Patrzę kurwa wszędzie jak naj dalej stąd.

Najgorsze to że to wszystko tyle kosztuje a ja kurwa nie śpię na kasie, przynajmniej nie na 50 000.
_WOLF_
Rep:
?
(Original post by DriBokaie1)
First of all, ask yourself WHY you dislike the UK?

I am an American who moved to the UK for my undergrad degree because I absolutely could not stand the U.S.... Politics and the redneck culture taking over being the #1 reasons. I love it here cause most people have the same personality as me, and it's in Europe so its near all these amazing countries.

Honestly, I have no clue about studying in Australia. But in terms of affording, you might have to take out a loan and just bust your butt to pay off everything. Make sure you are not making an impulsive decision that will leave you financially crippled and under so much stress.
I hate the people I hate the weather I hate the culture I hate the politics I hate the bricks I hate the mess I hate the school system I hate looking into universities
DriBokaie1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hate the people I hate the weather I hate the culture I hate the politics I hate the bricks I hate the mess I hate the school system I hate looking into universities
You sound a little stressed... I will say the weather isn't the best and the current prime minister is a girl version of Trump (unfortunately), but...

The UK has so much history. The people here tend to be very blunt so it can come across as mean, but its just the social culture, nothing that should come to you personally. University is going to be sooo much better! 1. You will be away from home, so you have freedom to be who you want to be and do what you want to do! 2. You'll meet new people who are just like you, and you can have study abroad opportunities (you can go study abroad in Australia or the U.S for a year through your uni... it's cheaper and more secure overall). And if you find you like it, then do your postgraduate abroad!

As an American, I will say the U.S. school system is horrible. You have no educational freedom and the fees are unbelievably expensive. My INTERNATIONAL UK tuition is cheaper than if I stayed in the states as a resident! Also, over there its 4 years university, not 3 like the UK.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Australia. The only thing they really have there is beaches... and annoying accents :lol: I haven't heard anything about the universities there being the best. There's a reason the UK is known for having amazing universities... (aka Russell Groups).

Have you considered moving back to Poland and studying there? If you can speak and write fluently, I'm sure you will be successful there.

If you have any further questions about the American system, feel free to ask me.
mpaprika
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anglia jest do dupy. Mam dosyć tych ludzi i tej pogody. Patrzę kurwa wszędzie jak naj dalej stąd.

Najgorsze to że to wszystko tyle kosztuje a ja kurwa nie śpię na kasie, przynajmniej nie na 50 000.
ludzie są najgorsi, strasznie denerwujący i bez szacunku. Walia jest jeszcze gorsza (jeszli to jest możliwe)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (501)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (620)
41.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.56%

Watched Threads