i've doing science subjects but want to do law Watch

bhavyab02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have recently found my interest in wanting to do law for uni but I'm taking biology chemistry and economics which don't have much relation to law. I know you don't need a certain set of subjects but am confused as to what I should be putting for my personal statement when explaining why I chose those subjects

could you guys pls give me suggestions as to what I can say about them?

thanks in advance
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bhavyab02)
I have recently found my interest in wanting to do law for uni but I'm taking biology chemistry and economics which don't have much relation to law. I know you don't need a certain set of subjects but am confused as to what I should be putting for my personal statement when explaining why I chose those subjects

thanks in advance
Just be honest about why you did choose those subjects - presumably because you are good at science but also wanted to pick something different to show your versatility (economics). You don't need to talk about your A levels much, I would put more emphasis on why you want to study Law and what skills you have that will make you a good candidate for a Law degree
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
U don’t really need to explain why u chose the subjects. It’s mainly about the transferable skills developed from the subjects and how it fuelled ur passion/why it might help for academic law.

If u have more impressive/relevant things to put in ur ps I’d even leave the subjects out. The unis can see the subjects and the word/line counter is not a joke.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

thanks in advance
You don't need to explain them. If anything, you could do the good ole' STEM trope of saying that law is the only social science that combines the wider political and philosophical concerns of the humanities with the attention to detail and logical/analytical thinking of the sciences

(u can thank me for getting you into uni later)
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
You don't need to explain them. If anything, you could do the good ole' STEM trope of saying that law is the only social science that combines the wider political and philosophical concerns of the humanities with the attention to detail and logical/analytical thinking of the sciences

:yawn:
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
:yawn:
dont bash my ps skills

they're the sort of things a man can get defensive about
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
dont bash my ps skills

I'm just sleep-deprived so chose the wrong emoticon.

* :adore:
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
dont bash my ps skills

if you're a man ...... im a jellyfish
bhavyab02
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Just be honest about why you did choose those subjects - presumably because you are good at science but also wanted to pick something different to show your versatility (economics). You don't need to talk about your A levels much, I would put more emphasis on why you want to study Law and what skills you have that will make you a good candidate for a Law degree
if I really had, to be honest, it was because I was thinking of doing medicine or dentistry lol. do you still have a copy of your personal statement so I get an idea of how I can do mine if that's ok with you?
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
if you're a man ...... im a jellyfish
Alright then, I'm a man, so what kind of jellyfish are you?
bhavyab02
Rep:
?

wow that's I'm amazing! I'm taking that thanks
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Alright then, I'm a man, so what kind of jellyfish are you?
umm man eating jellyfish?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
if I really had, to be honest, it was because I was thinking of doing medicine or dentistry lol. do you still have a copy of your personal statement so I get an idea of how I can do mine if that's ok with you?
Haha no, mine was done years ago and I'm sure there are much better (and more recent) examples to be found - I didn't even apply to Law so it would be better to read ones that are targeted towards Law degrees
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Haha no, mine was done years ago and I'm sure there are much better (and more recent) examples to be found - I didn't even apply to Law so it would be better to read ones that are targeted towards Law degrees
What did you study? (I'm guessing that it's been a fair amount of time since then)
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What did you study? (I'm guessing that it's been a fair amount of time since then)
I heard it was apothecary sciences at the Uni of Constantinople.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Cheeky! It wasn't quite that long ago
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Cheeky! It wasn't quite that long ago
u dodged John's question.

I'm curious too
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
u dodged John's question.

I'm curious too
History & Sociology
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Hahaha
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Hahaha
Ha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (73)
23.93%
No (232)
76.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed