Studying Law and dont know what to choose. help ( law course) Watch

Poll: Studying Law and dont know what to choose. help ( law course)
Take the unconditional offer (2)
33.33%
Take the MU offer (4)
66.67%
NikolS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have received an offer from Uni of Manchester with conditions of AAA for A level and I also got an unconditional offer from Manchester Met for law if i make them my firm choice. My AS grades were BBB and I don't know what are the chances that I will get those 3 A's in my exams and don't know what offer to take. help How good is MMU for law ? Is it really a lot lower in ranks than MU?

Should I accept the unconditional offer and give up MU Offer? or should I risk and accept MU offer and make MMU my insurance choice with conditions of BBB?
Last edited by NikolS; 11 months ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by NikolS)
I have received an offer from Uni of Manchester with conditions of AAA for A level and I also got an unconditional offer from Manchester Met for law if i make them my firm choice. My AS grades were BBB and I don't know what are the chances that I will get those 3 A's in my exams and don't know what offer to take. help How good is MMU for law ? Is it really a lot lower in ranks than MU?

Should I accept the unconditional offer and give up MU Offer? or should I risk and accept MU offer and make MMU my insurance choice with conditions of BBB?
MMU is ranked significantly lower than Manchester and to be honest, you could do better than MMU even if you achieved BBB rather than AAA. Do you have any other offers that are somewhere between the 2 that you have listed? Do you have to be in Manchester? If not, I would Firm Manchester Uni and Insure one of your other choices, or not have any Insurance at all since there will be better unis than MMU in Clearing for applicants with BBB or similar.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
MU do your best.
If you fall short then resit or clear.
MMU almost certainly in clear.
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
There’s always a chance Manchester will take you with AAB. What do you think you could get? Plus, there’s always clearing. There’ll always be options, don’t stress.
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'd definitely make UoM your firm.
NikolS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
MMU is ranked significantly lower than Manchester and to be honest, you could do better than MMU even if you achieved BBB rather than AAA. Do you have any other offers that are somewhere between the 2 that you have listed? Do you have to be in Manchester? If not, I would Firm Manchester Uni and Insure one of your other choices, or not have any Insurance at all since there will be better unis than MMU in Clearing for applicants with BBB or similar.

I feel I will get AAB but then again can never be sure got AAC for my mocks last week that’s why it’s making me question my choices. Would Manchester consider even if I get AAB? And no my other offers are around the same ranks as MMU.

Genuinely want to take the risk and make MU my firm choice but then the fear of not passing is killing me.
Last edited by NikolS; 11 months ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by NikolS)
I feel I will get AAB but then again can never be sure got AAC for my mocks last week that’s why it’s making me question my choices. Would Manchester consider even if I get AAB? And no my other offers are around the same ranks as MMU.
It is quite possible that Manchester would still accept you with AAB, although obviously no guarantees. Law is one of those subjects where it is helpful to go to a better Uni so I would personally take the risk and Firm Manchester. If you Insure MMU you will lose the unconditional offer, but they would still be a good Insurance choice. Like I said before, I think you could probably do better than MMU if you get BBB but if you don't want the uncertainty of not having an Insurance choice, that is understandable.
username4310824
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's likely that MMU will still take you even if you miss the grades. If that happens and you decide that you don't want to go there anymore you can always ask them to release you and go to clearing.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
MU will probably still take you. Know people with ABB there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (273)
61.21%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.71%
No- I want it (119)
26.68%
No- I don't want it (33)