Aqa English Language and English Literature Watch

Kate23456712
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi all,
Anyone who has done the new specifaction 9-1 already, it would be great help if you could suggest how you got a grade 8-9 in English Literature and Language.

Any Resources would help or do that you have used in previous 2 years?
Sheilaaaaahh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello!
I got a 9 in literature and an 8 in language.
How I revised was I kept all of my information on small flash cards and shortened quotes. So ‘solitary as an oyster’ would become “sol as an oyst”. And I’d fit loads of quotes on. I memorised 4 quotes for 4 characters each stave. And in poetry, I sang the poems to the tunes of songs stuck in my head.
People say that just before an exam you shouldn’t revise, I’d ignore that. I revised like crazy up to the last minute I had.

For language I didn’t revise half as much. Just make sure that you know all of the things like metaphor etc and know how to talk about them. For the last section on both papers I revised by looking through a thesaurus.

Hope this helps xx
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I recently wrote an article on TSR about A*s at English (both GCSE and alevels) On there I included my thread I created on getting 2 9's at GCSE with a master thread of GCSE specific help. Here's the link and hope it helps

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5790002
Kate23456712
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thanks! I basically am terrible in section B English LAnguage paper 1 and paper 2. I don't why but when I start reading the question my mind goes black. It just doesn't come from me. I keep writing papragraphs and paragraphs on and on and i only get 22/40 in both papers. I don't know how people can write 2/3 paragraphs for Section B and get higher marks than me.

Thanks though for everyone sugestions till now.

It would be great if you could share your resoures for Literature which has noted for grades 8-9.
chaderooine12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i got a grade 4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (57)
18.94%
Unconditional if firmed (24)
7.97%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.66%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
2.99%
No unconditional offers (209)
69.44%

Watched Threads