The Student Room Group

Should I leave on a high at AS or should i sacrifice my grades?

Should i leave on a high at AS or sacrifice my grades going down (due to mental health damaging it)? My tutor says carry on if you pass and leave if you fail and my maths teacher says health comes first. I'm confused..
Maybe do as well as you can at AS and talk to your tutor about taking a year out if you feel you need to, spend that year working on your mental health and then come back after a year and finish the full A Level? Talk to your tutor about the options you have.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe do as well as you can at AS and talk to your tutor about taking a year out if you feel you need to, spend that year working on your mental health and then come back after a year and finish the full A Level? Talk to your tutor about the options you have.

No one has ever done A level over 3 years due to mental health. People do it over 3 years if they fail one and have to drop that one for another A level so they end up doing 2 A levels and an AS in the second year and the AS is taken up to a2 in the third year. The only options are to manage the pain or if you can't manage it then drop out and do a btec.
No one has ever done A level over 3 years due to mental health. People do it over 3 years if they fail one and have to drop that one for another A level so they end up doing 2 A levels and an AS in the second year and the AS is taken up to a2 in the third year. The only options are to manage the pain or if you can't manage it then drop out and do a btec.

How do you know that no one has ever done an A-level over 3 years due to mental health? Lots of people are dealing with health conditions and may take longer to complete a qualification.
Reply 4
Original post by Telomere
How do you know that no one has ever done an A-level over 3 years due to mental health? Lots of people are dealing with health conditions and may take longer to complete a qualification.

In my college they havent according to my tutor and she has worked there for over 10 years.
In my college they havent according to my tutor and she has worked there for over 10 years.

Maybe have a chat with someone more senior about the support they give to students with disabilities.

If that's how it works at your college fair enough :smile: I also did 3 years because I failed one and did the 2 a levels and an as in year 2 and finished up in third year, but there was this guy who I had classes with in years 1 and 3 who took year 2 off due to poor mental health. He had to get a mental health assessment and his therapist wrote a letter to college recommending that he take a year off without it disrupting his studies. I know it was a pain to do and it might have just been our college that did it, so if your college doesn't allow it fair enough lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending