The Student Room Group

The 'Rate my A-level choices' thread

Scroll to see replies

I think we can all agree maths, further maths and physics is the best combo
Reply 21
Original post by tej3141
I think we can all agree maths, further maths and physics is the best combo

Some unis don't consider further maths as a subject so, for my school at least, we had to do four subjects if we were doing further maths
Reply 22
Original post by ajay06
Some unis don't consider further maths as a subject so, for my school at least, we had to do four subjects if we were doing further maths

So i did maths, further maths, physics and econ
Original post by ajay06
So i did maths, further maths, physics and econ

Yh I do 4 too - Maths, Further Maths, Physics and computer science but I was tryna include those who did 3
(edited 2 years ago)
Biology, Chemistry and Psychology!
Original post by ConfusedDemon
Biology, Chemistry and Psychology!

8/10. Anyone doing psychology has good vibes, and biology is my favourite science, but you must be at least a little crazy to take chemistry at A-Level!

Mine are Psychology, English Literature and RS.
Original post by ashtolga23
8/10. Anyone doing psychology has good vibes, and biology is my favourite science, but you must be at least a little crazy to take chemistry at A-Level!

Mine are Psychology, English Literature and RS.

Thanks :biggrin:, and no joke, Chemistry is my favourite A level
English Literature was something I enjoyed a lot in High school, but after the exams, R.I.P hands :lol:

9/10
I'm doing Maths, FM, History, Economics in September. Not too sure what to expect in terms of workload.
Maths, Further Maths and CS in September hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Evil Homer

Hey guys, it's time to play a game.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

List your A-level choices, and everyone else can rate them /10 and share some assumptions of the user based on their choices!

To kick it off this is what I studied ( a while ago now :lol: )

A-levels: History, Philosophy, Economics.

I'm going into yr 11 this sept. not sure about doing 3 or 4 a levels. I want to do maths, bio and chem. Maybe further maths as a fourth. do I need to do a fourth as I'm unsure and everyone around me says 4 is better. I'm fairly good at maths right now but I get the work load is way more in a levels. any advice for a levels or generally applying for medicine would be great.

for unis I was potentially thinking about UCL or imperial
Biology, Chemistry and Sociology (+EPQ) :smile:

(was the only one one in my year to have this combo lol)
I did psychology, sociology and business (and EPQ)
I did maths bio chemistry, then dropped chem to take psychology and in my third year im picking up graphics and textiles.
so overall finishing with three a levels in maths bio and psych and two AS levels in textiles and graphics with illustration
Reply 33
economics, psychology, philosophy, german
Business Studies, Economics and BTEC Applied Law.
5/10 because business and economics are similar and law limits your career choices.

Mine are: (I'm trying to go for law)

-English lit bc it's an essay subject
-Maths bc it's a generally helpful subject
-Economics bc it sounds interesting and is another essay subject
-Further maths bc I enjoy doing maths
Original post by cleveranimal56
5/10 because business and economics are similar and law limits your career choices.

Mine are: (I'm trying to go for law)

-English lit bc it's an essay subject
-Maths bc it's a generally helpful subject
-Economics bc it sounds interesting and is another essay subject
-Further maths bc I enjoy doing maths

7/10, you started off weak with English lit (far too much reading and thinking :tongue:) but nobody who enjoys maths can get less than a 7 in my eyes!

Mine were maths, further maths, chemistry and Latin
Sociology, Geography, Music
Is there a way that people can predict your grades just by knowing your a level choices?
Original post by mjhmichael18
Is there a way that people can predict your grades just by knowing your a level choices?

I doubt it, considering anyone can get any grade in any subject - your subject choice doesn't say anything about how good you are at your chosen subjects!

Probably the closest one would be that someone who's been allowed to do further maths is likely on track for a decent maths grade, but even that isn't a given.

Quick Reply

Latest