Struggling to cope in 3rd year with MH issues Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

First time posting so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I am currently in my 3rd year of a 3 year undergraduate degree in Psychology. To be honest, I'm not really coping very well.

I am working an average of 3 days per week at a mental health hospital (paid work - not placement). I am cutting this down to 1 day per week from 20th March onwards. I feel like day to day I am struggling to keep up with everything and that on my days off from work I am recovering from the difficult things I see and hear each day on the wards. I have GAD, Panic Disorder, Depression and ?EUPD/complex trauma/emotion dysregulation. Whilst I am anxious much of the time about my assignments, I am also frustrated and growing impatient with being at uni - I didn't take a gap year between a levels and uni but i really could have benefited from it due to some things I was coping with in college.

I got a grade of 69% year one and a 68% year 2. I am hopeful to get a high 2:1 or a 1st overall. I just feel so miserable. Anyone else been through this? I feel like I should be coping better
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

First time posting so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I am currently in my 3rd year of a 3 year undergraduate degree in Psychology. To be honest, I'm not really coping very well.

I am working an average of 3 days per week at a mental health hospital (paid work - not placement). I am cutting this down to 1 day per week from 20th March onwards. I feel like day to day I am struggling to keep up with everything and that on my days off from work I am recovering from the difficult things I see and hear each day on the wards. I have GAD, Panic Disorder, Depression and ?EUPD/complex trauma/emotion dysregulation. Whilst I am anxious much of the time about my assignments, I am also frustrated and growing impatient with being at uni - I didn't take a gap year between a levels and uni but i really could have benefited from it due to some things I was coping with in college.

I got a grade of 69% year one and a 68% year 2. I am hopeful to get a high 2:1 or a 1st overall. I just feel so miserable. Anyone else been through this? I feel like I should be coping better
Hiya OP

sorry to hear that you’re struggling in your last year of uni with you MH. :hugs:

I suffer with MH problems myself (OCD/anxiety), and found that in the last year of uni I was struggling mentally. Sadly, I never told anyone about my MH in general, until August last year, so literally like a year after I graduated from uni, only my immediate family know about my mental health, but no one else who I know knows IRL (still don’t have the confidence to tell people). I honestly wish I had told someone sooner, I think I’d have coped better mentally in the last year of uni.

Have you spoken to uni about it? They should hopefully support you get through the rest of the year. And have you also spoken to friends/family & work about it to?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (111)
17.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.35%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (190)
29.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise