The Student Room Group

why did they ignore my email

I emailed a primary school asking to volunteer one day a week. I've had a placement there before and it's also my old primary school so they're usually really friendly to me. I emailed them almost a week ago and still no reply. Is it possible that if you email a school/college outside of working hours then they won't receive the email? Because I suspect this has happened before in the past when emailing my college outside of working hours. Or is that not a thing and they just ignored me lol
It could be anything, they might not have got it, they might have overlooked it, it might have got lost in the system. I would send another email to them which is basically a copy of the one you sent but during normal working hours.
E-mails will come outwith working hours........
Either way they it may have got lost in all their e-mails so send another one
Original post by YasudaSayo
I emailed a primary school asking to volunteer one day a week. I've had a placement there before and it's also my old primary school so they're usually really friendly to me. I emailed them almost a week ago and still no reply. Is it possible that if you email a school/college outside of working hours then they won't receive the email? Because I suspect this has happened before in the past when emailing my college outside of working hours. Or is that not a thing and they just ignored me lol

Primary schools tend to get a lot of emails. Do email them at a time which is convenient to both of you. As well as this try emailing other primary schools in your local area too. Don’t rely upon one school.

If they don’t email you back, call them and enquire as to what’s occurring and if you are permitted to volunteer at the school.

All the best.

It might be that the email ended up in their Spam folder or perhaps they are too busy to reply to you, or have missed your email? Like the above poster said, you could give them a call if they don't reply to you in the next week. If they know you well, it might be better to talk directly to ask about volunteering.
Reply 5
Original post by cheesecakelove
It might be that the email ended up in their Spam folder or perhaps they are too busy to reply to you, or have missed your email? Like the above poster said, you could give them a call if they don't reply to you in the next week. If they know you well, it might be better to talk directly to ask about volunteering.

I really want to call but I'm too embarrassed in case they didn't reply because they don't want me to come :/ I don't want to be annoying
I really want to call but I'm too embarrassed in case they didn't reply because they don't want me to come :/ I don't want to be annoying

I don't think it is annoying. It just shows that you are genuinely interested in volunteering there and wanted to follow up your email. If they didn't want you, they would have sent an email outwardly rejecting you. I would wait to see if they reply in the next week, and if not, get into contact. At least this way you know for sure what the outcome is, and if it is a no, you can begin look for alternative volunteering arrangements.
It could.Of got lost in their other emails or you didn't send it.propwrly . Try sending another one
Reply 8
Original post by KayleyWebster
It could.Of got lost in their other emails or you didn't send it.propwrly . Try sending another one

Talking of lost in the system, you're actually twelve months too late....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending