kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leia studies)
It's was never unconfirmed.
It's confirmed that the baby is NOT dead (says in article)
I have edited my OP accordingly.
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leia studies)
It's was never unconfirmed.
It's confirmed that the baby is NOT dead (says in article)
It is really a case of it still being unconfirmed since all we have is a twitter post from someone that can't even spell baby (they wrote bebe).
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
That poor baby, even if Shamima wasn’t allowed back to the uk that baby should have been, he could have had a good life. I just hope he didn’t die in any pain 😢
Or he could have gone to the Netherlands.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Wow
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, I just think more should have been done to actually get him to the uk, it’s a shame he died the way he did he didn’t deserve any of this
Help to get people out of a country is provided by the consul and consulate staff. In this case, there is not a consul in Syria. There isn't even an embassy! All British nationals are advised against visiting the country in all circumstances. There is very little the British Govt can do to help British nationals in Syria; to say they should have done more is bizarre to the say the least.
GraduateLynx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kazzykat95)
There are unconfirmed reports that the baby son of Shamima Begum - the teenager who fled the UK to join the Islamic State group - has died, her family's lawyer has said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47500387

Edit: It is highly probable that this is in fact a hoax.
This is why killing Muammar Al Gaddafi was a mistake in the first place. Although he was a dictator he kept people in check. This was the birth of ISIS.
MiszShorTea765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GraduateLynx)
This is why killing Muammar Al Gaddafi was a mistake in the first place. Although he was a dictator he kept people in check. This was the birth of ISIS.
Forgotten Assad? He’s created this war. People didn’t vote for him and guess his ego was too much for him to handle? Either way, it’s stroke a never ending chaos. And for a new ‘caliphate’ as they like to identify themselves was born.
Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Help to get people out of a country is provided by the consul and consulate staff. In this case, there is not a consul in Syria. There isn't even an embassy! All British nationals are advised against visiting the country in all circumstances. There is very little the British Govt can do to help British nationals in Syria; to say they should have done more is bizarre to the say the least.
Look, I’m not an expert I just think it’s really sad
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
BBC is confirming it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47500387

still not a hundred percent certain but its sad
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yzanne)
As 'political ambassador', you should be seeing two sides to everything. I don't support her and I certainly don't support her choices / actions but noone is 'scum'. Her ways of doing it was terrible and awful but her intentions (to have a new life) would be the same as all of us underneath.
Firstly, anyone can join the political ambassadors group by clicking a few buttons in their profile. Secondly, anyone who supports a group thats main goal is to kill people who don't share their belief, is scum - to actually join such a group makes you the scummiest of all scum. Lastly, she only wanted to come back because ISIS don't have a Child Benefits Agency, she's very, very clearly not at all apologetic for her actions and said herself that she doesn't regret her actions.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
He was she just refused to let him go even though he was sick .selfish behaviour
Well, she has been pregnant 3 times and she’s only 19. She’ll probably get pregnant again very quickly to gain more sympathy.
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FarhanHalim)
Very sad to hear, but surely this would mean she has less of a case for coming here, since she previously said she only wanted to come here for her son to have a good life.
Sorry to hear this but I will save most of my sympathy for the dead children of innocent civilians that didnt create this **** show, not those that deliberatly set this situation in motion.
AJ126
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Sorry to hear this but I will save most of my sympathy for the dead children of innocent civilians that didnt create this **** show, not those that deliberatly set this situation in motion.
The children of terrorists are just as blameless as the children of innocent civilians.Its not the child's fault he had a lousy jihadi mother is it? Both deserve equal sympathy because they are not responsible for their parents actions.The child is just as much a victim of his mother's poor choices as anyonelse.
Last edited by AJ126; 1 week ago
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How would you suggest that happened?
How many lives should have been put at risk?
Should the government have sent in a unit? Where should they have been diverted from?
Who’s paying for it?
Should it have been made a top priority and gone immediately to the top of the list?
What you’re suggesting is logistically a nightmare, probably very expensive and would take an awful lot of time to set up.
It wouldn’t have been enough to save the baby. There must have been an issue for him to die so quickly.
It never would have happened.
We can’t prioritise one life at the expense of many others.
Sadly he is a victim of his mothers dreadful life choices.
He is now free of that. She however must continue to live with them. She chose it. She can keep it
No, I just think more should have been done to actually get him to the uk, it’s a shame he died the way he did he didn’t deserve any of this
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao. If the kid’s dead, she can bet her a*s sure as hell ain’t coming back into the UK.
FarhanHalim
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
An innocent child is an innocent child, who cares who the parents are
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MiszShorTea765)
Obviously the baby didn’t deserve to die or be born in such an environment.

Some people don’t think before making a drastic decision.
You mean Shamima bu running off to join a death cult in a war zone?
You mean Shamima before deciding to get pregnant?
MiszShorTea765
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You mean Shamima bu running off to join a death cult in a war zone?
You mean Shamima before deciding to get pregnant?
Yes. The baby has no role to play in this. It will always remain innocent.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MiszShorTea765)
Yes. The baby has no role to play in this. It will always remain innocent.
I was obviously referring to your second line.
MiszShorTea765
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I was obviously referring to your second line.
Yes, Shamima was naive and brainwashed before she left to ruin her life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads