Shamima Begums son, a death that brittish government could have prevented Watch

Cecelia Tallice
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If the reports are true that Shamima Begums son has died. Then that is a death that the brittish government could have prevented. She wanted to return to this country because she was worried about the health of her son. But the Home Secretary revoked her citizenship and stopped her returning. Therefore he is partially responsible for the unfortunate death of her child.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Total crap.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Or maybe she should have realised that after two of her children’s deaths, that maybe joining ISIS was bad idea but noooooo, keep digging a hole for yourself and then plead for sympathy.

I feel sorry for her child, he didn’t deserve a mother like her.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Cecelia Tallice
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Total crap.
Making a point is worthless without justification. I hope those of you who were all for the revoking of her citizenship, take a long hard look at yourself. You didn’t think about her child that was as much a part of the situation as she was.
Leia studies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Already a thread made on this topic.
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
If the reports are true that Shamima Begums son has died. Then that is a death that the brittish government could have prevented. She wanted to return to this country because she was worried about the health of her son. But the Home Secretary revoked her citizenship and stopped her returning. Therefore he is partially responsible for the unfortunate death of her child.
Is it fashionable to now claim a Minister of the Crown is responsible for the death of a baby with ZERO evidence? What a disgrace.

The Home Office and the Home Secretary have made it perfectly clear than Ms Begum's son is British.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nah, if the story is true then it’s the fault of her refugee camp that doesn’t have enough food to go round and shockingly bad to non-existent healthcare.
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 1 week ago
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Making a point is worthless without justification. I hope those of you who were all for the revoking of her citizenship, take a long hard look at yourself. You didn’t think about her child that was as much a part of the situation as she was.
Perhaps if she hadn't moved to a desert worn torn ****hole she could have had a better life.

The British government did the right thing, she only has herself to blame.
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s a death that shamima begum could have prevented. Why should responsibility land on the British government? Why are you absolving her of any responsibility? We didn’t send her to Syria, she left of her own free will.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
*British
He was allowed back, the government said he was a British citizen it was her who was selfish and wouldnt give him up despite him being ill
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
'Those of you'?. I've never said anything about revoking her citizenship.

You've instantly jumped to a conclusion based on a pretty suspect 'maybe' of a report and then look for ANYONE to blame but the person who chose to go there and have a bunch of kids in a warzone. Its a crap thread.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sky news are reporting the initial reports may not be true.

Either way, I just can’t fanthon why this woman and not the many other ***** that travelled to Syria to join ISIS generates so much outrage.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We thought of children in this country and put them and us first. She is responsible, not us.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Then that is a death that the brittish government could have prevented.
Perhaps you could tell us how? She is in a camp for displaced ISIS women in the middle of a war zone, and needs considerable vetting processing before she can even leave the Middle East, and her baby is with her.

Would you have volunteered to enter the warzone to get her child out? Would she have let you? Would the Turks, Iraqis, Kurds, Syrians have let you? Is it reasonable to ask a government employee to risk their life in these circumstances?

I suggest you think a bit more carefully before exuding from that bleeding edge of yours. The only fault is that of a woman who voluntarily enters a warzone and voluntarily gives birth to a child while in it (having, one might have thought, learned the lessons from her previous two children).
Trapmoneybenny
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Turns out...stupid life choices have disastrous consequences, not only for you, but for your family as well.

Not to mention the children you gave birth to after cracking your legs open

She is solely responsible for the death of her children, the grief of her family and her squandered future. Not you, not me and certainly not the British government.
If ISIS were still in control of their jenga "caliphate" we would never have heard about her because she wouldn't have wanted to leave, she has hinted at this fact many many times, yet airheads like you with your demented sense of morality cry foul.

Be quiet.
Last edited by Trapmoneybenny; 1 week ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The reason her child died was not our fault, not one iota, she was pregnant with the child for the majority of the period before she wanted to come back, that fact tells me she did not take care of the unborn baby, probably because an ISIS camp isn’t the best place for having a baby, you know, what with the lack of nutrition and cleanliness, not to mention the fact that hence she decided to join ISIS, and also had the baby there would mean she missed out on prenatal vitamins, all this being her fault and her own choosing, don’t you ever blame our government on this situation.
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 1 week ago
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bad things happen. You don't win an argument by virtue-signalling, i.e. saying how much you're moved to tears by the sad stuff.

The Govt cannot be "but for" liable for everything, especially when it is not clear whether this child would have survived were it in the UK. As has been pointed out, the child was perfectly free to return to the UK and the child's aunt was petitioning the Home Office to arrange the child's return.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
-She willfully joins a terrorist group
-she becomes a terrorist
She has made these choices not the government and she will now pay for them.
That'sGreat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
”She wanted to return to this country” when did the wants of ISIS supporters suddenly dictate what the Home Office should do. The child was the son of an ISIS supporter and an ISIS fighter, it didn’t have a bright future, and would have only returned to Shaminas equally radical Islamist family. Children die everyday, who cares about some irrelevant product of ISIS members?

FYI Weird how all her kids are dying from malnourishment yet Shamina looks like she’s got McDonalds on tap
NotNotBatman
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That is so illogical, being able to prevent it, doesn't mean they're partially responsible. I have to ask, how do you even think this make remotely any sense ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads