The Student Room Group

1 a level in 2 months, is it possible?

starting from scratch.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck...
Original post by sterling12
starting from scratch.

Do you still have school? If so, possible, and which a level?
It's certainly not impossible, but it'd be an uphill struggle and highly dependent upon your other time commitments. If you've done other A levels before, it would also depend on how similar they were to this one and whether your GCSE's are related to them.

A levels are designed to be taught over 2 whole years, and so it's unlikely that you'l fully grasp the subject; so I think top level grades would be hard to get.
Reply 4
I suppose if you literally committed most of your time &hired a tutor I guess so. It also depends on how content heavy the a level is
Reply 5
Original post by jonathanjames
Do you still have school? If so, possible, and which a level?

Nope. And Further maths. I believe it's possible but I just want to hear your thoughts
starting from scratch.

Depends which one,what grade you want, how hard you work and how clever you are.
There are plenty of people on TSR who can do it in a lot less time than that.
Bet they can do 4 in that time.

Should be easy for you I think.
Reply 7
Nope. And Further maths. I believe it's possible but I just want to hear your thoughts

yeah definitely doable I did it in a month... didn't get a very good mark tho...but I'm sure with 2 months you can get a good mark
Reply 8
Original post by Becca406
I suppose if you literally committed most of your time &hired a tutor I guess so. It also depends on how content heavy the a level is

when you say most of your time, how much are you talking? And it's further maths .

I've never done it so I'm not sure how the assesment works, but if it's 100% exams have you tried looking over a past paper now to see how much of it you can answer before starting? If it's absolutely nothing then you probably don't quite have enough time.
Original post by clickypen
I've never done it so I'm not sure how the assesment works, but if it's 100% exams have you tried looking over a past paper now to see how much of it you can answer before starting? If it's absolutely nothing then you probably don't quite have enough time.

Absolutey nothing lol. But tbf, I already have an A* in maths and gcse maths and I also did AS further maths old spec but I am doing the new spec now
it would be probably be possible if a person had a lot of free time, comittment, and motivation but surely its a 1-2 year course for a reason...🤔
Original post by Jono*
yeah definitely doable I did it in a month... didn't get a very good mark tho...but I'm sure with 2 months you can get a good mark

wow lol. must have been tough! what did you get and what was a level maths grade? if you don't mind answering
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Depends which one,what grade you want, how hard you work and how clever you are.
There are plenty of people on TSR who can do it in a lot less time than that.
Bet they can do 4 in that time.

Should be easy for you I think.

I want an A* g. I am only doing one so I think I should be fine as I am already good at maths
(edited 5 years ago)
Because you've got experience doing similar courses before, it may be possible for you to catch up, especially because you have done well in maths before. From memory, I think those that did Further Maths that I know did the course over 2 years, with the first year being the normal A level maths course and then the second year being Further Maths. If you're confident with all the A level stuff you've probably got a chance, but it'll be a lot of work and to get another A or A* you would have to be practically superhuman.

Good luck!

Absolutey nothing lol. But tbf, I already have an A* in maths and gcse maths and I also did AS further maths old spec but I am doing the new spec now
Reply 15
wow lol. must have been tough! what did you get and what was a level maths grade? if you don't mind answering

I got a C at it was cie A levels
I want an A* g. I am only doing one so I think I should be fine as I am already good at maths

Is there any reason you dont put all this information in your OP instead of drop feeding it?
TSR has a high concentration of people who get A* in very little time and with very little effort, so be sure to listen to what they say.

Will you need a teacher or it will all be self taught? Have fun.
I don’t know- I’ve never done further maths. I struggle with straight maths let alone further& definitely wouldn’t be able to do that in a month. What did you get at a leveL for maths?

when you say most of your time, how much are you talking? And it's further maths .
Original post by 999tigger
Is there any reason you dont put all this information in your OP instead of drop feeding it?
TSR has a high concentration of people who get A* in very little time and with very little effort, so be sure to listen to what they say.

Will you need a teacher or it will all be self taught? Have fun.

I was once a member of tsr so i guess you could consider me as one of those people? :biggrin:

self- taught
Original post by Becca406
I don’t know- I’ve never done further maths. I struggle with straight maths let alone further& definitely wouldn’t be able to do that in a month. What did you get at a leveL for maths?

I got an A* and to be honest I could have done that in 3 months or less. Actually 2 months if I was doing just that at the time!

Quick Reply

Latest