The Student Room Group

Bristol vs. Durham IR Master's

I've received offers from Bristol (MSc) and Durham (MA) to their International Relations programs and I am wondering which route would be best. I'm still waiting to hear back from LSE and KCL - but I think I want to stick with either Bristol or Durham, as I'm not too interested in living in London. Any suggestions help, thanks!
Both great universities, go by preferred location is my advise. You been to both?
Reply 2
I've been to Durham and I really liked the campus. I'm having trouble making a decision because of their rankings. Durham seems to be better in the UK, but Bristol has a better world ranking?
Original post by random_matt
Both great universities, go by preferred location is my advise. You been to both?
Original post by user19966
I've been to Durham and I really liked the campus. I'm having trouble making a decision because of their rankings. Durham seems to be better in the UK, but Bristol has a better world ranking?

Correct on rankings, Bristol is 51 world and 15 UK. Durham is 74 (I think) world and 6 UK.
Never choose on rankings is my advise, employers do not care for the majority of degrees. The world rankings are a load of crap anyway, they are voted on by academics.

If you liked Durham, go there, I was there last year. But Bristol looks fabulous in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending