The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Which board are you doing? I have started, but LOTF is soooo boring, I fell asleep and I have to do latin now, so I will learn LOTF in the morning :wink:
Reply 2
DreamGirlx
I haven't! hehe oops, i'm starting now, but I can pretty much just blabber on, if only these bloody texts weren't so boring! aaahhhh, anyone else not started yet? or just me...

I think on this forum, full of people with As and A*s, you're the only one...
Get a move on! less than 12 hours until the exam :s-smilie:
ive done 2 hours and seeing as our english teacher is shockingly bad. i think thats all the lessons ive got on it. COME ON C
Reply 4
Ive been sitting here most of the day saying I will but only really doing it now and dont think I will be doing too much heavy revision.
My thoughts keep fluctuating between optimistic and pessimistic. Not really sure how I will do, I'm able to go on a lot and make stuff up but I feel like I'm going to go off the point of the question in the exam.
Reply 5
I haven't started mate - and I'm an A* candidate for English lit (apparently)! :s-smilie:

Thing which annoys me the most, is how I’ve written full mark essays as homework for my prose and poetry. Just that’s unlike to both happen again in the exam – but I can only wish + pray.

Good luck in yours!
I just started, I aint being cocky but I've got mostly A's and A*'s without revising.
Reply 7
Good Luck Everyone .. Come On We Can Do It !! Read The ANthology's Like Crazy And Read The Of Mice And Men Book.
Nice&Niche
I just started, I aint being cocky but I've got mostly A's and A*'s without revising.

Well done, but that won't help others...
Reply 9
I've not done any.
Don't really plan on it now, seems a bit late now.
Oh well. *Hopes for best*
Just started now. Lord of the Flies is easy though (touch wood...) as long as you remember that it's all about the internal struggle between good and evil and that it is pretty much entirely allegorical. I can't be bothered with revising :frown:.
In LOTF how the hell do you remember the quotes? Im gonna spend half the exam looking for them, in that dull book :s-smilie:
Reply 12
cuddles x
Good Luck Everyone .. Come On We Can Do It !! Read The ANthology's Like Crazy And Read The Of Mice And Men Book.

I don't do Of mice and men, so that wouldn't do me too much good :P

I NEED LUCK PEOPLE WISH ME IT!!!!!!!

=p

Gl everyone
I've just briefly looked over my notes. I'm prepared for the exam, I've done so many 4 way comparision poetry essays in class and I'm fine with Of Mice and Men so tomorrow should be a doddle. Here's hoping anyway.
Reply 14
kaderk
I don't do Of mice and men, so that wouldn't do me too much good :P

I NEED LUCK PEOPLE WISH ME IT!!!!!!!

=p

Gl everyone

Good Luck :smile:
RoadWarrior
In LOTF how the hell do you remember the quotes? Im gonna spend half the exam looking for them, in that dull book :s-smilie:
Fold the page corners over on important pages then fold them back to flat. :wink:
ive just done cram revision today.. could have always done more though :s-smilie:
Reply 17
I haven't started yet - doing Latin. I've just collected all the sheets I need for English though. I'm gonna go read through them now. I'm fine with the essay writing, I just need to speed up a bit so I'm planning on learning a few quotes now so I don't have to look them up in the exam. By the way, I was wondering, I can recall a few quotes anyway... they just might not be completely word perfect. Anyone know if we get marked down for inaccurate quoting?
prettylittlerichgirl
Fold the page corners over on important pages then fold them back to flat. :wink:

Lol, they give us brand new books anyway :s-smilie: No way to do that :wink:
Meliae
I haven't started yet - doing Latin. I've just collected all the sheets I need for English though. I'm gonna go read through them now. I'm fine with the essay writing, I just need to speed up a bit so I'm planning on learning a few quotes now so I don't have to look them up in the exam. By the way, I was wondering, I can recall a few quotes anyway. They just might not be completely word perfect. Anyone know if we get marked down for inaccurate quoting?

I doubt you'd get marked down, you just wouldn't get a mark at all. But say it was 2 marks for making a point, and backing it up and you backed it up wrong, you might still get the 1st mark.

Just don't use incorrect quotes :biggrin:

Best of luck everyone!

Latest