"slight, furtive boy"
"darkness of man's heart"
"the fall through air of a wise friend called Piggy"
"the boys screamed, struck, bit tore"
"Simon was crying out something about a body on a hill"
"wedded to her in lust"
"the poor broken thing"
"I just know you'll get back all right"

That's off the top of my head, will add more if I remember any.
Reply 21
trance addict
I doubt you'd get marked down, you just wouldn't get a mark at all. But say it was 2 marks for making a point, and backing it up and you backed it up wrong, you might still get the 1st mark.

Just don't use incorrect quotes :biggrin:

Best of luck everyone!

I don't mean completely wrong, just for instance say the quote was "Yet there was a space around Henry, perhaps six yards in diameter, into which he dare not throw" and I wrote "But there was a space around Henry, around six yards in diamater, into which he dare not throw" or maybe missed out the 'six yards in diameter' bit or something. Then again, I suppose they're not going to be looking up every single quote.... I doubt they'd even notice actually.
I've read both set texts twice (overall - not just for revision) and I'm making notes on quotes now.

I'd only panic if I hadn't read the books :cool:
Meliae
I don't mean completely wrong, just for instance say the quote was "Yet there was a space around Henry, perhaps six yards in diameter, into which he dare not throw" and I wrote "But there was a space around Henry, around six yards in diamater, into which he dare not throw" or maybe missed out the 'six yards in diameter' bit or something. Then again, I suppose they're not going to be looking up every single quote.... I doubt they'd even notice actually.

I really don't think it matters, as long as you get most of it right.
I really wouldn't worry too much! I did LOFT last year and always got B's in my mock essays and ended up with an A. Just follow these simple rules which i found SO helpful.
1.PLAN -get your themes and your characters and get a good quote for each subject. Try and get atleast 4 points that will answer your question-each point will be a paragraph.

2.In your intro-address your question and give your opinion straight away, don't be too specific yet, but you can vauguely drop hints on what you're going to talk about.

3. Make your paragraphs CLEAR and make sure that you link it back to the question at the end of the paragrpah and try and give make it link to what you're going to discuss next.

3. Conclusion- basically echo your introduction!

I know thats simple stuff, but really it is! I never even read LOTF! Just be familiar with the themes and what gets you top marks is discussing Goldings structural techniques, discussing language, symbols, motifs blah blah blah!

Link it all to the question and make specific references to the book, and also remember to discuss it as a novel on the whole!

GOOD LUCK! I hope that helps...i know it's quite waffley! :P
I did mine last year so I get a lie in tomorrow, just thought I'd let you guys know :p:

Good luck anyway everyone! :smile:
Reply 26
anyone else pulling an all nighter?
SH2007
anyone else pulling an all nighter?

Wouldn't recommend it, if you really need to do some revision go to bed now and wake up around 5ish to do some.
Reply 28
milliondollarcorpse
I did mine last year so I get a lie in tomorrow, just thought I'd let you guys know :p:

Good luck anyway everyone! :smile:

I’m so jealous!

(*Make mental note must come on TSR same time next year to remind people how I can get a lie in while they have to get up early for their exam*) :smile:
Reply 29
I took today off meaning to do some revision and did a bunch of textiles coursework instead -.-
haven't even got a copy of Journey's End, which is equally my weakest section (no points for guessing why), so i guess i'll be making it up as i go along.
i just hope there'll be a character comparison-y question on the short stories...it's all i'm good at!
good luck everyone (:
Reply 30
I didn't revise for English Lit, I haven't had time because i have been busy revising for food and geography.
Reply 31
You guys definetly dont need luck..
it seems liek everyone here seem know know wht they''re doing..
LOL
Reply 32
Just got back from my eng lit, sorryc ouldnt reply last night, went offline and didnt come back on, aaahhhh im soooo glad its over! To be honest i'm not HUGELY worried because i've got A* cw and the exam didnt go tooo badly, i was just soooooooo bored! ahh, so glad i never have to do this crappy subject ever again, woop woop! next... biology :smile:

Latest