Choosing Between Two Unis Watch

bethalyn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello!
Recently I have received offers from Royal Holloway and Manchester to do an undergraduate degree in English Literature with Creative Writing. I am still trying to decide between the two! I slightly prefer the course on Royal Holloway and it is closer to home, but Manchester is a lovely city that would give me needed personal development. If any English with Creative Writing students from these unis have any advice, I would love to hear it!
Thank you
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bethalyn)
Hello!
Recently I have received offers from Royal Holloway and Manchester to do an undergraduate degree in English Literature with Creative Writing. I am still trying to decide between the two! I slightly prefer the course on Royal Holloway and it is closer to home, but Manchester is a lovely city that would give me needed personal development. If any English with Creative Writing students from these unis have any advice, I would love to hear it!
Thank you
Hi bethalyn,

Congratulations on your offers! :thumbsup:

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend visiting both universities so you can see the campus, meet current students and get an idea of what the course might be like. At Royal Holloway, we offer a number of online events if you can't make it to campus and you should have received an email about our upcoming Online Applicant Event in addition to our final Applicant Visit Day of the year.

If you have any questions about the Department of English in the meantime, you can chat to final year student Helena on our website here. She'd be more than happy to speak to you about studying English or life on campus.

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (152)
18.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (80)
9.86%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise