The Student Room Group

Barror1's Road to Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

29/3/19
Everything seems to be looking up now! Just spent a lot of this week focusing in on literature which has genuinely helped soooooooo much. I genuinely feels like this A* is within my grasp, as long as I literally do not rest for the next 2 or so months :laugh: .
Most of my work is done for the week, so the weekend will mainly be reading one of my prose texts (Suns) and doing my crime revision.
Might do a longer update before the end of the week but everything is looking good!
Aha might need a raincheck on today folks, the morning was quite productive but it literally took me 4/5 hours to get Avengers midnight screening tickets (thanks Odeon!). I tried to settle down into work but instead I've resorted to drinking a bottle of wine to myself and booking 2 holidays with my mate. Whoops!
8/4/18
So it's time to crack down even more! Headed to a sociology revision session this morning, finished revision today and I am going to continue on with some reading. I'm not going to type it all out so here are my goals for Easter:
20190407_230527.jpg
Let's keep going!
Today's revision:
14:30-15-30: Families and Households (4 pages, completing the unit)

15:45-17:00: Crime and Deviance (5 pages, but super dense info!)
17:15-18:30- Reviewing literature exemplars
Then read A Thousand Splendid Suns for as long as possible afterwards!
16/4/19

We are just over halfway through the holiday and I feel relatively on target!
I am currently a tiny bit behind on psychology, on target for Sociology and gearing up to do reading/ a bunch of past papers for literature this week. It should be good!

There have been some issues though, I spent my entire first week missing my notes for Stratification and Differentiation (the teacher had taken them in lol). Luckily I managed to grab them at a revision session on Saturday, so it's all good now!

There is no specific time plan for today, but it's mainly just the standard goals I posted last week.
I will do a bigger update at the end of Easter but it is currently 27 days until my first AS exam! Eeek!
Ok so this isn't an update post per se but...
I'm now a Forum Helper!
Thanks to everyone who selected this nerd. It really means alot :heart: :hugs:
Original post by barror1
Ok so this isn't an update post per se but...
I'm now a Forum Helper!
Thanks to everyone who selected this nerd. It really means alot :heart: :hugs:

Congrats!
20/4/19
Welcome to the obligatory end of holiday post!
So Easter has... certainly been something. Though I managed to cover so much content, I have been avoiding essays and mock exams like the plague. Which is really not helpful when you take 3 essay subjects :cry2: . I am really not confident that I am going to make it at this rate. Like getting from (what I found out to be) a B to an A* in literature is just... a lot.
All I can do is lock myself in my room for 3 weeks and enslave my poor English teacher to give me exam advice nigh on every day :ninja2:
At least there is some good news though...
I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am on track with my sociology and got an A in my last mock. Super proud of that :colondollar:
I also finished reading one of my novels for my prose exam- just need to read Wuthering Heights. Luckily the exam isn't until after May half term so I have bags of time for that one :u:

I guess I am just worried that I am getting complacent, like deep down I know I am not doing enough but it doesn't stop me from being a total slob at times. At least my body clock is going to be more regular after Easter, which should really help :giggle: I am probably really going to crack down on essays for the next couple of weeks and get as much done as possible. Getting cognitive psychology covered and literature essays done is going to be my top priority. I just hope I can still salvage the grades I need. If not, this is my road to York :wink:
Why the heck have I not seen this yet?!

Will be on my watched threads now, and you’ve got this! :hugs:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by RazzzBerries
Why the heck have I not seen this yet?!

Will be on my watches threads now, and you’ve got this! :hugs:

Aha I'm trying my best! Tag for tag? :h:
Original post by barror1
Aha I'm trying my best! Tag for tag? :h:

Of courseeee!
Original post by barror1
20/4/19
Welcome to the obligatory end of holiday post!
So Easter has... certainly been something. Though I managed to cover so much content, I have been avoiding essays and mock exams like the plague. Which is really not helpful when you take 3 essay subjects :cry2: . I am really not confident that I am going to make it at this rate. Like getting from (what I found out to be) a B to an A* in literature is just... a lot.
All I can do is lock myself in my room for 3 weeks and enslave my poor English teacher to give me exam advice nigh on every day :ninja2:
At least there is some good news though...
I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am on track with my sociology and got an A in my last mock. Super proud of that :colondollar:
I also finished reading one of my novels for my prose exam- just need to read Wuthering Heights. Luckily the exam isn't until after May half term so I have bags of time for that one :u:

I guess I am just worried that I am getting complacent, like deep down I know I am not doing enough but it doesn't stop me from being a total slob at times. At least my body clock is going to be more regular after Easter, which should really help :giggle: I am probably really going to crack down on essays for the next couple of weeks and get as much done as possible. Getting cognitive psychology covered and literature essays done is going to be my top priority. I just hope I can still salvage the grades I need. If not, this is my road to York :wink:

Ahaha I wish you the best of luck! (I'm on the road to York for September for postgrad :h: ) Also please tag me!!
Original post by RazzzBerries
Of courseeee!

Let's do this :dance:
Original post by Themysticalegg
Ahaha I wish you the best of luck! (I'm on the road to York for September for postgrad :h: ) Also please tag me!!

OMG you're York too! At this rate it will be amazing to see you in September!!
(and of course I will tag Togepi, how can I not?)
@bmgrace Since I am doing tags now, do you want one too? It has been great seeing you around recently :hugs:
Reply 35
(edited 5 years ago)

Sorry had to dive in for an edit there because the gif was broken and it was highkey annoying me :giggle:
And thank you! :heart:
Original post by barror1
@bmgrace Since I am doing tags now, do you want one too? It has been great seeing you around recently :hugs:

Sure! And English Lit can be really hard to move up in but I know you can do it. Keep up the hard work :clap2:
Original post by barror1
OMG you're York too! At this rate it will be amazing to see you in September!!
(and of course I will tag Togepi, how can I not?)

Hahaha who knows you could be at Cambridge 🧐 (I chose togepi as they resemble an egg to me :lol: )
May I just ask, how will you react if you fail to make it? I'm sure this is all very tight and competitive, no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending