Harriet2017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey!

I’ve accepted a place at UWE for occupational therapy 2019.

I thought I’d make a group to see if I can find others on the course! 🙂

Harriet x
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
Thank you for doing this Harriet!

I'll also be heading to UWE to study OT in September. xx
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey That’s awesome! Nice to virtually meet you! ☺️ xx
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
Hopefully I'll get to meet you come September! xx

Good luck with your exams
(Original post by Harriet2017)
Hey That’s awesome! Nice to virtually meet you! ☺️ xx
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
Yes definitely! 🙂
Thank you, though I’m actually on a gap year currently. Finished a health and social diploma last year! Are you doing a levels at the moment?
Xx
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
I’m an international student so I’ve been out of school since December last year xx
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
Oh- similar to me then! School is finished 🙂 Xx
jasxjasmine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i’m an international student and uwe is my insurance for ot
bondies2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Harriet,I have also accepted a place at UWE to do OT in September! I've been searching on here to try and find someone else who is! What accommodation have you got/are you hoping to get ?
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi bondies2000 !! Awesome! It’s great to have found you as I couldn’t find anyone at the beginning aha! I have applied for Glenside as first choice but haven’t heard back yet although I believe some are receiving offers this week! What accommodation are you hoping to stay in? 🙂
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
@jasxjasmine Hey! We may meet or may not then! May I ask which uni you chose as your firm choice? 🙂
Chantsdp
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've applied for Student Village accommodation as I've been told it's where most of the hustle and bustle is. I hope I haven't made a silly choice because of the commute.
bondies2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi bondies2000 !! Awesome! It’s great to have found you as I couldn’t find anyone at the beginning aha! I have applied for Glenside as first choice but haven’t heard back yet although I believe some are receiving offers this week! What accommodation are you hoping to stay in? 🙂
Yeah I have applied for Glenside as my first too. I was considering Frenchay as my first because it does look nicer and has ensuite etc, but I think living on campus has so many benefits. We won't have to rely on public transport to get to lectures (could be a nightmare for 9ams) and also more likely to meet people from our course and other healthcare courses. Fingers crossed!
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
Are you doing OT @chantsdp ? Student village isn’t very far away at all is it? Im sure you haven’t made a wrong decision, I saw a couple nursing students on Facebook say they chose Frenchay over Glenside for the same reason!
Chantsdp
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am! Cannot wait.
Are you doing OT @chantsdp ? Student village isn’t very far away at all is it? Im sure you haven’t made a wrong decision, I saw a couple nursing students on Facebook say they chose Frenchay over Glenside for the same reason!
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
(Original post by bondies2000)
Yeah I have applied for Glenside as my first too. I was considering Frenchay as my first because it does look nicer and has ensuite etc, but I think living on campus has so many benefits. We won't have to rely on public transport to get to lectures (could be a nightmare for 9ams) and also more likely to meet people from our course and other healthcare courses. Fingers crossed!

Yes I totally agree with what you’ve said! I would’ve liked an en suite like you but then again in second year we move out and will most likely have to share a bathroom in a house. Also i think I’ll like to be surrounded by people doing healthcare courses! 🤗 Yeah, sleep longer less travel! May I ask where your coming from? I’m near Taunton, Somerset. 😃
bondies2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ahh that's not too far from home then. I'm actually from Newcastle, so Bristol is so far from home for me, but I didnt get into my first choice uni (Sheffield Hallam). I'm Kirsty by the way!
Yes I totally agree with what you’ve said! I would’ve liked an en suite like you but then again in second year we move out and will most likely have to share a bathroom in a house. Also i think I’ll like to be surrounded by people doing healthcare courses! 🤗 Yeah, sleep longer less travel! May I ask where your coming from? I’m near Taunton, Somerset. 😃
Laurenloops
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, i'm doing radiography rather than occupational therapy. I have been given accommodation at Beech House Glenside, was wondering if anyone else has been put there? I got my accommodation offer through this morning!
Harriet2017
Rep:
?
Hi Lauren,

Awesome! I also got my accommodation email this morning too but I’m in another house! I’m in a Glenside group chat in Facebook, if you pm me your name I can add you! There are a few in beech house! X
Askilly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My daughter is called Hollie Skillings, she is in your room. Please could you add her in the Facebook group chat? She is doing diagnostic radiography and has been looking to a chat
Hi Lauren,

Awesome! I also got my accommodation email this morning too but I’m in another house! I’m in a Glenside group chat in Facebook, if you pm me your name I can add you! There are a few in beech house! X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
10.81%
Disagree (3)
8.11%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.03%
Agree (12)
32.43%
Strongly Agree (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest