Masters - when will I hear? Watch

SarahMcNeil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently interviewed for the Masters, I called up as I hadn't been given an offer or rejection after 2 weeks. I was told that at the moment they weren't able to give me an offer, but they also weren't rejecting me and that I would need to wait. I am more confused than ever, has anyone else been told this before? Or even able to shed some light on what they could be meaning?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SarahMcNeil)
I recently interviewed for the Masters, I called up as I hadn't been given an offer or rejection after 2 weeks. I was told that at the moment they weren't able to give me an offer, but they also weren't rejecting me and that I would need to wait. I am more confused than ever, has anyone else been told this before? Or even able to shed some light on what they could be meaning?
It is not uncommon. It just means that they haven't decided yet whether to offer you a place on the Masters or not. You were good enough at interview that they are still considering you but they are probably still interviewing other applicants and won't make a decision until they are in a position to pick those who they consider the strongest.
SarahMcNeil
Rep:
?
That's making me feel a bit better about the situation. At the end of the phone call I wasn't really sure if I was put on a waiting list or if I was being told I hadn't quite made it haha. But this seems pretty straight forward and reasonable. It wasn't the admissions office I spoke with, so could be a matter of misworded communication. Thanks!!
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's making me feel a bit better about the situation. At the end of the phone call I wasn't really sure if I was put on a waiting list or if I was being told I hadn't quite made it haha. But this seems pretty straight forward and reasonable. It wasn't the admissions office I spoke with, so could be a matter of misworded communication. Thanks!!
No problem, hope you get good news (eventually!)
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which course? And which university?

I'm moving this to the Postgraduate Applications forum.
Ilikeplanes99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It can be months, you just gotta wait mate.

Best of luck!
SarahMcNeil
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone! Called today and found out that I wasn’t put on a waiting list but have a conditional offer (need to pay deposit to secure my place), but they are back logged at the moment and I should expect my letter in the next few days!!
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks everyone! Called today and found out that I wasn’t put on a waiting list but have a conditional offer (need to pay deposit to secure my place), but they are back logged at the moment and I should expect my letter in the next few days!!
Good news! :yay:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (113)
17.49%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.18%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
30.03%

Watched Threads