The Student Room Group

Would you say A level is too much for me?

I am currently in the AS year and i am doing English lit, Sociology and Maths. Mental health is now damaging my classwork and exams. I got a good grade (but lower than average due to mental health damaging it) in English lit and i am doing well in class, in maths i am starting to fail because of mental health but otherwise i did well and Sociology went badly since February in class but decent in exams. My classwork in sociology will affect my exam result though. Would you say its too much for me and i am not cut out for A levels?
Reply 1
By the way Sociology went wrong BEFORE mental health started damaging it.
Isn't this the same as your other thread on A-levels and mental health?

Key issue is whether you think A-levels are right for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Telomere
Isn't this the same as your other thread on A-levels and mental health?

Key issue is whether you think A-levels are right for you.

It did go right before that happened in all subjects from september-february. I think it would be a shame to leave since i do have potential according to my teachers but i don't believe in myself anymore and there may be no point in doing it for me since i dont want to go to uni anymore.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently in the AS year and i am doing English lit, Sociology and Maths. Mental health is now damaging my classwork and exams. I got a good grade (but lower than average due to mental health damaging it) in English lit and i am doing well in class, in maths i am starting to fail because of mental health but otherwise i did well and Sociology went badly since February in class but decent in exams. My classwork in sociology will affect my exam result though. Would you say its too much for me and i am not cut out for A levels?

maybe see if there is a way to take a year off for your mental health and then come and attempt to finish it.
Original post by Anonymous

No.
All i'm gonna say is based on the assumption there are issues in your household, no personal tragedies like people in really bad health or dead etc (you know what i mean)
You most likely aren't just working efficiently enough. You're overloading your day with a "do work or else" type of mentality. Rest assured people have gotten top grades with those subjects and maybe even more at AS, and well one only has to search "A level results" on you tube to see that people have do even better with A2 level subjects.
Go and talk to each of your subject teachers, tell them you aren't happy with your work-life balance and ask them for efficient revision tips for each of the subjects. Watch youtube videos on how people with top results revised and BALANCED THEIR TIME while doing so.

Secondly, maybe mind your habits? I don't know if you exercise regularly or eat healthy, but trust me when i say they count a lot. You are what you eat, you eat trash, you're gonna feel like trash. If you eat good food and take care of yourself, you're gonna feel real good and get that nice glow (lol i'm reaching here )

But It's literally a proven scientific fact. Also, i'm assuming you don't drink too much or take drugs because if you do, there's no excuse as to why those sorts of things affect your state of mind, alcohol is a chemical depressant and drugs, well lets no even start, i don't want to believe you do those.

Again, this is based on the assumption everything is fine and dandy at home. Barring any extenuating circumstances, you are solely responsible for your mental health. You don't begin to call quits when things get tough, you assess the issue and find out what you can fix. If everyone called "my mental health" when we faced difficulties, we would be nowhere as a human race. Your brain is very much capable of A-levels, you just gotta approach it the right way and not waste time and energy, stressing yourself out aiit?

Millions of students have gotten top a level grades before, no reason why you don't have the aptitude for it
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending