Fast Track A-Level Courses - Are they worth it? Watch

MusabKhan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey so I want to do biology A-level fast track with oxford college. My question is that is it good enough? At bare minimum I want a B so will they provide enough sources and tutor sessions for a year? Cheers
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MusabKhan)
Hey so I want to do biology A-level fast track with oxford college. My question is that is it good enough? At bare minimum I want a B so will they provide enough sources and tutor sessions for a year? Cheers
I think fast track is just marketing. Its up to you to do the fast tracking. At £350 it is cheaper than most online A levels.

Maybe you can find a student who has done one to gauge the level of tutor support, but £350 isnt really very much. Ab actual fast track at a cramming college would cost you several thousand £.

Its going to be a set of notes plus access to a tutor.

You also need to take care of the practical endorsement which is £800+ if you dont already have it.

Make your own mind up.

Alternative is just buy the textbooks and hire a tutor. I think there mat be some Biology sites as well where you can pay for tutor support.
MusabKhan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think fast track is just marketing. Its up to you to do the fast tracking. At £350 it is cheaper than most online A levels.

Maybe you can find a student who has done one to gauge the level of tutor support, but £350 isnt really very much. Ab actual fast track at a cramming college would cost you several thousand £.

Its going to be a set of notes plus access to a tutor.

You also need to take care of the practical endorsement which is £800+ if you dont already have it.

Make your own mind up.

Alternative is just buy the textbooks and hire a tutor. I think there mat be some Biology sites as well where you can pay for tutor support.
Fair enough, do you know any students who have done these fast tracks to talk to?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MusabKhan)
Fair enough, do you know any students who have done these fast tracks to talk to?
No.

I think fast track is just marketing . The fast tracking is up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads