The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi there! Do you happen to know any fellow Sgrean who received offers/rejections for econs?

shall we pm?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Is there a lowkey different day for decisions and rejections or do they more or less all come out on the same day?
Original post by Ineedhelp123456
Would it be ok to take AS further maths in Y13 along with maths A2 for economics? If I’m currently doing 4 subjects excluding further maths in y12?

Would recommend dropping one of your four current A-levels and taking further maths to A2. You could probably cover most of further maths AS over summer. No point taking 4 A2s + an AS.
Who here heard back from ucl??
Original post by Ineedhelp123456
Would it be ok to take AS further maths in Y13 along with maths A2 for economics? If I’m currently doing 4 subjects excluding further maths in y12?

AS FM is absolutely fine. I’ve posted stats on the first page of this thread, which shows that the offer rates for AS and full FM are almost the same.

I did for econ n business with east European studies
shall we pm?

Sure thing!
Sure thing!

I realise we both are anonymous so idk how we gonna chat hahah

Offer for stats econs and finance
Okay so, hi guys

I've applied for Politics and History, my GCSES are 4 A* 4As and 3Bs, my AS grades were AAAC and my A levels predicted are A*AA in History, Economics and Psychology. I personally feel my personal statement was decent, only hinge I see is that I am applying to multiple different courses and it was a little widespread but mostly did circulate around Politics and History.

What do you guys think of my chances?
Original post by Shaheer Shazib
Okay so, hi guys

I've applied for Politics and History, my GCSES are 4 A* 4As and 3Bs, my AS grades were AAAC and my A levels predicted are A*AA in History, Economics and Psychology. I personally feel my personal statement was decent, only hinge I see is that I am applying to multiple different courses and it was a little widespread but mostly did circulate around Politics and History.

it’s really hard to say tbh
Original post by Shaheer Shazib
Okay so, hi guys

I have similar concerns about my personal statement as I applied to politics and history as well as IR and history at lse, history and IR at kcl and pol and IR at ucl. I sent my statement to a prof at ucl that I know and she told me it was fine because I explicitly mentioned all three and connected them together, so I think as long as all the courses youre applying to are related and you clearly show your interest in them, we should be fine. Fingers crossed!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi there just a quick question I’m think of applying for Bsc Politics and philosophy and wondering if my GCSEs are enough or how much do they matter, currently i’m aiming for A*AA in a levels
A* chemistry
A English Language
A English Literature
A History
B Maths
B Physics
C French
ANY politics and IR/ Straight IR applicants here?
ANY politics and IR/ Straight IR applicants here?

Pol and IR here. Why?
Cool. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me, seems like a lot of people apply for pol&ir
Original post by alishama
I have similar concerns about my personal statement as I applied to politics and history as well as IR and history at lse, history and IR at kcl and pol and IR at ucl. I sent my statement to a prof at ucl that I know and she told me it was fine because I explicitly mentioned all three and connected them together, so I think as long as all the courses youre applying to are related and you clearly show your interest in them, we should be fine. Fingers crossed!

Uff let's see then, the fact that LSE tends to reply later than other universities is so annoying istg. What were your GCSEs and A levels, if you dont mind me asking that is.

I heard back in November
Original post by Waynesworld124
Hi there just a quick question I’m think of applying for Bsc Politics and philosophy and wondering if my GCSEs are enough or how much do they matter, currently i’m aiming for A*AA in a levels
A* chemistry
A English Language
A English Literature
A History
B Maths
B Physics
C French

Does LSE still accept applications after the deadline?
Why is there so many pol&ir applicants man and so few pol applicants

Latest

Trending

Trending