The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hhhhhhhddrjbxd
Hi all, I sent in my application for LSE, UCL and Warwick on the 23rd of December. Since then, UCL and Warwick have replied with emails acknowledging my application. However, I've not heard from LSE regarding the acknowledgment. May I ask if it's normal for them to reply quite late? Or should I email them to ask? Thank you!

my offer came before my acknowledgment - in fact, i don’t know if they ever sent me an acknowledgement haha
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi all, I sent in my application for LSE, UCL and Warwick on the 23rd of December. Since then, UCL and Warwick have replied with emails acknowledging my application. However, I've not heard from LSE regarding the acknowledgment. May I ask if it's normal for them to reply quite late? Or should I email them to ask? Thank you!

Some unis never send acknowledgements. As long as you named them on UCAS, they'll have your application.
I applied for Econ and Politics which has an AAA requirement

My predicted is A*AA with Math, Econ (the A*) and History

My AS didn't go as well as I hoped with C in Math, B and B in Econ/Hist. I have an EPQ which is predicted A but yet to be sent off

My GCSEs are 2 8s 2 6s and rest 7s

Do you think I can get an offer feasibly?
Original post by Volkerbund1933

My AS didn't go as well as I hoped with C in Math, B and B in Econ/Hist. I have an EPQ which is predicted A but yet to be sent off

I think it’s gonna be tough for you. Because there are genuinely people who get A in all 3 and are predicted 3A*s but it depends on your schools performance in general and your personal statement(however grades take priority).

Do you have contextual factors that work in your favour? E.g. do you go to a struggling state school?

If not, your chances are pretty slim. Few universities are going to believe your predicted A-level grades given how different they are to your AS levels.
Original post by LeapingLucy
Do you have contextual factors that work in your favour? E.g. do you go to a struggling state school?

If not, your chances are pretty slim. Few universities are going to believe your predicted A-level grades given how different they are to your AS levels.

I was able to get offers from three others- Exeter, Bristol and Newcastle. Though I was not terribly optimistic about LSE anyways per se from the get-go. (And the fact I got rejected today from Warwick aha).

No, I do not go to a State school so I am not expecting a contextual offer.

My GCSEs are 2 8hrs 2 6s and rest 7s

Heyy did you have extenuating circumstances or so during your AS level exams?
If so, inform them about em and then I think you’d have a decent shot.

But if not, idk, I really dunno, but ya can just hope for the best!
I was able to get offers from three others- Exeter, Bristol and Newcastle. Though I was not terribly optimistic about LSE anyways per se from the get-go. (And the fact I got rejected today from Warwick aha).

No, I do not go to a State school so I am not expecting a contextual offer.

Are you planning to retake your AS? If not, the problem is that unis aren't gonna believe your A*AA based on your BBC because it's arguably (or mathematically) impossible to get an A with a C in the AS.
Original post by yuki1201
Are you planning to retake your AS? If not, the problem is that unis aren't gonna believe your A*AA based on your BBC because it's arguably (or mathematically) impossible to get an A with a C in the AS.

Accept an accidental upvote aha.

I'd like not to think it is 'arguably impossible' to not get an A. It's tough but not a forlorn hope as implied imo.

But no I will not be retaking it, merely bc I wouldn't have the choice

For context my Econ was 2 marks short of an A in AS and my Hist (internal I should add) was 3 short of an A. Therefore my school arguably would have feasibly given me a stronger prediction than I got, but I didn't choose to remark bc of how expensive it is (not that I guarantee it would have happened). My past performance suggested I could get an A, hence the prediction.

But as implied by other posts, I don't think I'll be expecting an offer by the sounds of it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by yuki1201

Not really that tough. I got BCC in January mocks and ended up getting AAA in the real thing. Didn’t study too much either - just went from doing absolutely no work to an hour a day

Hey don’t worry my acknowledgment email took a month 😂😂
Got A in AS, predicted A, what a ...
I'm a post this again as get closer to hearing responses...

For those who can't access the group chat, message me @ryannrk on instagram and I'll direct you on how to join the GC.

We're something like 50 + peeps atm :smile:
Regards,
Ryan
Does anyone know if LSE has sent out any LLB offers this year yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if LSE has sent out any LLB offers this year yet?

Yeah I’ve seen a couple of people getting them.
Hi, I actually applied more than once for LSE. I was wondering if they would send me an offer for more than one course so I would be able to choose or if they decide which course I take based on my Personal statement.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LizardiPaul
Hi, I actually applied more than once for LSE. I was wondering if they would send me an offer for more than one course so I would be able to choose or if they decide which course I take based on my Personal statement.

they decide, they will only give one offer per applicant.
Has anyone received any offers yet from LSE for Politics and International Relations?
im not sure if I will get an offer as my predicted is AAA
Has anyone heard of any Geography offers or rejections yet?
any maths and economics offers yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending