Lib Dem group suspended over anti-semitism

Watch
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just so people are aware it isn't a problem just in Labour. It is, sadly, all across the political spectrum. Though so far only the right-wing have shot up synagogues.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/l...byist-1.481187
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As a child someone told me antisemitic jew hate was the crossover point on the political spectrum; where antisemites of all political persuasions are united by only their hate and the conspiracy theories they spread.
I think the reality is more extensive than just the political spectrum.
I've crossed paths with plenty of non-politically affiliated thug antisemites and non-political religious antisemites.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it incorrect that Garrard is a pro-Israel lobbyist? I hadn't heard of him until now, but it doesn't look unlikely.

He's clearly a lobbyist, conditionally donating significant amounts of money to political parties. Whether he's pro-Israel isn't so clear, but from wikipedia he's hosted several MPs in Israel and sponsored a Labour Friends of Israel lunch.
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
As a child someone told me antisemitic jew hate was the crossover point on the political spectrum; where antisemites of all political persuasions are united by only their hate and the conspiracy theories they spread.
I think the reality is more extensive than just the political spectrum.
I've crossed paths with plenty of non-politically affiliated thug antisemites and non-political religious antisemites.
Where do you find all these open antisemites? I'm not sure I have every come across one.
Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The establishment is filled with Nazis.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is difficult to see how it is antisemitic to describe the pro-Israel lobbyist who sponsored the Labour Friends of Israel group as a pro-Israel lobbyist, regardless of his religion or ethnicity. Maybe the LibDems felt the virtue-signalling bandwagon was getting away from them and they had to leap on to it before it outran them. They may fall under its wheels.
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
It is difficult to see how it is antisemitic to describe the pro-Israel lobbyist who sponsored the Labour Friends of Israel group as a pro-Israel lobbyist, regardless of his religion or ethnicity. Maybe the LibDems felt the virtue-signalling bandwagon was getting away from them and they had to leap on to it before it outran them. They may fall under its wheels.
They felt left out.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Where do you find all these open antisemites? I'm not sure I have every come across one.
When you spend significant amounts of time around anarchists, fringe political elements and religious fundamentalists- the 'jew hating, loud and proud crowd' are sure to come find you.
Very eager to share their conspiracy theories or to accuse you of being jewish then offer their best wishes and some 'kind words'. :rolleyes:
Usually with my parents watching, in their house.

Most of the noisiest antisemites were political revolutionaries also obsessed with alien invaders, freemasons class war and the new world order.
The most bizarre and virulent antisemites tended to be religious fundamentalists with some religious hardliners mixed in.
Worst groups I've seen have to be the sedevacantists, fpc in northern ireland, trots and the nf.
The bnp were terribly loud with the jew hate during the griffin leadership.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Someone is going to have to tell me how that statement is antisemitic.

Would it not be concerning if British MPs were being lobbied on the behalf of a foreign government?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Someone is going to have to tell me how that statement is antisemitic.

Would it not be concerning if British MPs were being lobbied on the behalf of a foreign government?
Good luck with finding a straight forward explanation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads