Lib Dem group suspended over anti-semitism Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just so people are aware it isn't a problem just in Labour. It is, sadly, all across the political spectrum. Though so far only the right-wing have shot up synagogues.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/l...byist-1.481187
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a child someone told me antisemitic jew hate was the crossover point on the political spectrum; where antisemites of all political persuasions are united by only their hate and the conspiracy theories they spread.
I think the reality is more extensive than just the political spectrum.
I've crossed paths with plenty of non-politically affiliated thug antisemites and non-political religious antisemites.
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is it incorrect that Garrard is a pro-Israel lobbyist? I hadn't heard of him until now, but it doesn't look unlikely.

He's clearly a lobbyist, conditionally donating significant amounts of money to political parties. Whether he's pro-Israel isn't so clear, but from wikipedia he's hosted several MPs in Israel and sponsored a Labour Friends of Israel lunch.
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
As a child someone told me antisemitic jew hate was the crossover point on the political spectrum; where antisemites of all political persuasions are united by only their hate and the conspiracy theories they spread.
I think the reality is more extensive than just the political spectrum.
I've crossed paths with plenty of non-politically affiliated thug antisemites and non-political religious antisemites.
Where do you find all these open antisemites? I'm not sure I have every come across one.
Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The establishment is filled with Nazis.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is difficult to see how it is antisemitic to describe the pro-Israel lobbyist who sponsored the Labour Friends of Israel group as a pro-Israel lobbyist, regardless of his religion or ethnicity. Maybe the LibDems felt the virtue-signalling bandwagon was getting away from them and they had to leap on to it before it outran them. They may fall under its wheels.
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
It is difficult to see how it is antisemitic to describe the pro-Israel lobbyist who sponsored the Labour Friends of Israel group as a pro-Israel lobbyist, regardless of his religion or ethnicity. Maybe the LibDems felt the virtue-signalling bandwagon was getting away from them and they had to leap on to it before it outran them. They may fall under its wheels.
They felt left out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads