Edexcel A-level Religious Studies: Paper 1, Philosophy - 4th June 2019 Watch

Emmy_Girl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I've created this thread to discuss this year's upcoming exam for the Philosophy paper of the Religious Studies A-level course.
Paper 2, Ethics - 11th June 2019
Paper 3, Islam - 19th June 2019

• Design Argument
  • Problem of Evil (Anthology)
  • Cosmological Argument
  • Religious Experience
  • Ontological Argument
  • Life after Death
  • Religious Language (Anthology)
  • Religion and Science (Anthology)
  • Critics of Religion
Last edited by Emmy_Girl; 1 month ago
Emmy_Girl
Rep:
?
Evil Homer
Grace.k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ngl, I need major help in religion and science, I have no revision notes for that at all.
sanah_14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Grace.k)
Ngl, I need major help in religion and science, I have no revision notes for that at all.
same!!! My teachers never taught it properly
Emmy_Girl
Rep:
?
Same. I think that is the philosophy topic I struggle with the most...I've been trying so hard to make notes on it but I just can't
jonathanjames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys, am considering a level rs for edexcel, really love the subject and am predicted all 9s across my subjects. Is the a level really hard? Ive heard it's a jump up but is it manageable and is the workload bad or good? Also, is it decently respected? Thanks
Emmy_Girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The content is interesting in my opinion. However, there are so many different topics so the workload is big but it is manageable if you keep up with it. I mostly chose the subject as i really loved it at GCSE and I really do not regret choosing it. Have a look at the specification and if you think you will be able to keep up with the workload go for it! I promise you it's an amazing subject and it really helps you think about things. The only bad things I have heard about it are from the people that have dropped out on the course - whilst they enjoyed it, they found that the content was too much. If you are able to deal with that then I'm sure you will love the course.
(Original post by jonathanjames)
Hi guys, am considering a level rs for edexcel, really love the subject and am predicted all 9s across my subjects. Is the a level really hard? Ive heard it's a jump up but is it manageable and is the workload bad or good? Also, is it decently respected? Thanks
jonathanjames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Emmy_Girl)
The content is interesting in my opinion. However, there are so many different topics so the workload is big but it is manageable if you keep up with it. I mostly chose the subject as i really loved it at GCSE and I really do not regret choosing it. Have a look at the specification and if you think you will be able to keep up with the workload go for it! I promise you it's an amazing subject and it really helps you think about things. The only bad things I have heard about it are from the people that have dropped out on the course - whilst they enjoyed it, they found that the content was too much. If you are able to deal with that then I'm sure you will love the course.
Thanks a lot, looked at the spec and resources and it really looks fascinating! My only worry is how hard it is to get an A star, the grade boundaries looked insane when i looked at the 2018 ones .223/240 ums! What are your thought, i originally though the markers must be decently lenient if the boundaries are so high but idk, what od you think, will it be that hard to get a A star?
Emmy_Girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 hours ago
I wouldn't be able to answer this properly as I haven't yet sat an official exam. However, my teacher who is an edexcel examiner does say that the examiners are often quite lenient and in my college there is a very low fail rate. We have read some example essays that have been marked by examiners and I would say it was very surprising how highly some scored - as long as you put the right content in you will score good marks. I've been getting really high As even after walking out of the exam feeling rubbish about it. It's worth asking around especially people who have already got their A-level in RS. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them but definitely get a few different people's opinions!
(Original post by jonathanjames)
Thanks a lot, looked at the spec and resources and it really looks fascinating! My only worry is how hard it is to get an A star, the grade boundaries looked insane when i looked at the 2018 ones .223/240 ums! What are your thought, i originally though the markers must be decently lenient if the boundaries are so high but idk, what od you think, will it be that hard to get a A star?
jonathanjames
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by Emmy_Girl)
I wouldn't be able to answer this properly as I haven't yet sat an official exam. However, my teacher who is an edexcel examiner does say that the examiners are often quite lenient and in my college there is a very low fail rate. We have read some example essays that have been marked by examiners and I would say it was very surprising how highly some scored - as long as you put the right content in you will score good marks. I've been getting really high As even after walking out of the exam feeling rubbish about it. It's worth asking around especially people who have already got their A-level in RS. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them but definitely get a few different people's opinions!
Thank you so much! You're making me feel a lot more confident 😀
Emmy_Girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 hours ago
That's good, glad I could help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads