Doctor said I have to pay £200 to have cyst removed Watch

Kaio1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have a cyst in my earlobe that keeps getting infected. When it does get infected (which it currently is) it gets swollen and extremely painful. Is it right that she said I have to pay £200 to have it removed? If so then i'm going to have to try and cut it out myself.
nathan_martin
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
unless your doctor wants you to get it removed in a private hospital or surgery, then he or she is mental to charge you through NHS. id go get a different doc, they will probably refer you to an ENT Consultant who will guide you in the right direction
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If the cyst isn't invasive, then it's likely to fall under cosmetic reasons for removal and the NHS will charge for it. Shop around private clinics as £200 is a fairly mid-range price and can likely be beaten.
nathan_martin
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
it doesnt matter if it is invasive, if it is causing severe pain and discomfort and is constantly becoming infected and antibiotics arent taking it away, NHS funded surgery is an effective solution to the issue. This wouldnt be classed as cosmetic. This said however, you would get seen a lot sooner going private.But yeah, go see a different doc and see what he/she says.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads