The Student Room Group

My grandmother gave away my clothes without telling me

**I have nothing against giving clothes to charity. It's something I regularly do myself...Just saying this as I don't want it to be read in the wrong way**

My grandmother took me to the PDSA charity shop in my town earlier today and she pointed out that my old bike was at the front of the shop. I had no problem with that. I haven't used it in years and I would've willingly given it myself if I had known I still had it (I thought my grandparents had given it away years ago). However, when we walked in the shop half of my wardrobe was in there!! She had no problem in jokingly pointing out all of the things she had given away without me knowing a thing. If she had asked me, of course, I would've given some of those things away. It's raising money for a very good cause. In fact, she had asked me the week before to give her some clothes to go to charity and I gave her quite a few. I just have a problem that she went through my stuff and gave away my clothes and I knew nothing about it and she doesn't see anything wrong with it!

Am I being unreasonable?
Reply 1
Also, I am 18 (if that makes a difference) it's not as if I'm 11 or 12.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
**I have nothing against giving clothes to charity. It's something I regularly do myself...Just saying this as I don't want it to be read in the wrong way**

My grandmother took me to the PDSA charity shop in my town earlier today and she pointed out that my old bike was at the front of the shop. I had no problem with that. I haven't used it in years and I would've willingly given it myself if I had known I still had it (I thought my grandparents had given it away years ago). However, when we walked in the shop half of my wardrobe was in there!! She had no problem in jokingly pointing out all of the things she had given away without me knowing a thing. If she had asked me, of course, I would've given some of those things away. It's raising money for a very good cause. In fact, she had asked me the week before to give her some clothes to go to charity and I gave her quite a few. I just have a problem that she went through my stuff and gave away my clothes and I knew nothing about it and she doesn't see anything wrong with it!

Am I being unreasonable?

Nope. You should consider putting a lock on your door.
No you're not. They're your things, and you should decide if/when you get rid of them.
Sometimes when I got too many clothes my mum would say something like "if you don't sort your wardrobe out I'll do it for you" but she would never have got rid of things without asking first.
Nope. Technically theft. Put a lock on your door and tell your Nan to leave your stuff alone. Or just donate loads of her stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending