Salary scales at independent prep schools Watch

Flambeau
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, all.

I've been looking at teaching jobs and have noticed that many independent prep schools (like Eton, MCS, Stowe, etc) say that they have their own salary scales which are "substantially higher than the maintained sector".

That's all they say though, and I haven't been able to find more specific information yet. Anyone have any more knowledge about this or a ballpark figure of what teachers get paid at these schools versus state schools?
dingbat93
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know an NQT who started off on 30 grand a year at a Independent School (for their NQT year)
(Original post by Flambeau)
Hi, all.

I've been looking at teaching jobs and have noticed that many independent prep schools (like Eton, MCS, Stowe, etc) say that they have their own salary scales which are "substantially higher than the maintained sector".

That's all they say though, and I haven't been able to find more specific information yet. Anyone have any more knowledge about this or a ballpark figure of what teachers get paid at these schools versus state schools?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads