Warwick MORSE or Melbourne Commerce?! Please Help!! Watch

CornOnTheCog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, this is gonna be a long post but years of my life depend on this decision.

So I finished my A levels last year, achieving A*A*ABab (Maths, Business, Further maths, physics, additional further maths AS, economics AS). I met my offer for MORSE at Warwick, and know its a great course for me. Its a highly targeted uni, and I enjoyed my open day there.

However, I decided to take a gap year, and went to Australia. Needless to say I've fallen in love with the country, Melbourne especially, and upon reading about the course structure here, I think it would be an amazing fit as well. So I am at a dilemma.

Warwick MORSE, or do I apply for Melbourne?

I have a gut feeling warwick will be too much of a bubble for me, and I dont want to live in the UK or work there in general. However, Im more knowledgeable about Warwicks reputation amongst employers, especially for maths/economics, and know if I went there, I would receive a world class degree. However, Melbourne is a city Id love to live in, and potentially work in and stay as a PR, and it would likely have a better reputation amongst Aussie employers and make finding a job easier. I also like their course structure more (not necessarily the course), as I can explore more options in my learning, and Im interested about a whole range of things.

Basically, I need to know whether Warwick and Melbourne are comparable, or if one is better than the other, especially for work in Australia. Is melbourne the Harvard of Australasia/Asia? Will it help get the same sort of opportunities as a target uni such as Warwick.

Finance is the one true issue stopping me right now. I'm not from a wealthy family. I wouldnt be able to afford Uni fees, and I dont know if my grades are good enough for any scholarship. However, if I had enough knowledge and advice that Melbourne would pay off, along with what I already feel, I'd be up for working for a few years while my parents saved, hopefully to be admitted for 2021 entry. Would we have to have the 100-150k in $ ready to pay, or would they just need proof that it could be funded.

Along with your answers today beautiful people, Ill be researching and working. If there are any backpackers around reading this, feel free to pop me a message and we could hang out, and if you guys are considering Uni here we could help each other.

Thanks guys!!
CornOnTheCog
Rep:
?
Overall, Warwick would be easier but I have a gut feeling Im going to asking what ifs and part of me will always look back.

ALSO, is it possible to sit the IB next summer before I apply and try and get 44/45 to try and get a scholarship?
Last edited by CornOnTheCog; 1 week ago
Sae.HH
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Performing well at Warwick doing MMORSE will set you up for any graduate company. If you don't want a bubble apply to LSE and do stats and econ?
CornOnTheCog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sae.HH)
Performing well at Warwick doing MMORSE will set you up for any graduate company. If you don't want a bubble apply to LSE and do stats and econ?
True, Warwick is excellent no doubt, and I know if I go and put my heart into it, I can graduate and Ill have plenty of options. However, currently Im more interested in staying in Aus, and I dont know if Warwick will have the same swing as Melbourne. Plus, Melbourne is actually in australia, where I want to be anyway.

LSE would be a option but I heard its student satisfaction is low, and while London is great, the course its self is more rigid.

Not trying to be difficult, its important for me to be able to justify my decisions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads