University of Edinburgh accommodation and transportation Watch

lumlum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I am an international student, who is also a Veterinary Medicine offer holder at the University of Edinburgh. I am just wondering if there are any suggestions on applying for accommodation? I personally prefer self-catered ones. I know the vet school is quite far away from the main campus, so I would like to know about the transportations over there as well! it would be nice if someone could answer me since I never had a chance to visit Edinburgh Thank you very much!!!
trythis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My flatmate last year was in the vet school. You'll need to commute up to the campus every day as there's no first-year accommodation near Easter Bush. The best way to do this is to get a year-long or semester-long bus pass, which gives you unlimited bus travel. With that it doesn't really matter which accommodation you go for, because they're all very far away from the campus - just choose whichever one you like the best.
lumlum
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
do you have any idea which accommodation is the closest to the bus stop? or which street approximately? sorry if I asked too much, but that was very helpful, thank you very much!!
(Original post by trythis)
My flatmate last year was in the vet school. You'll need to commute up to the campus every day as there's no first-year accommodation near Easter Bush. The best way to do this is to get a year-long or semester-long bus pass, which gives you unlimited bus travel. With that it doesn't really matter which accommodation you go for, because they're all very far away from the campus - just choose whichever one you like the best.
trythis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are a lot of bus stops in the city where you can take a bus to Easter Bush. You can find instructions on how to get to the campus here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/transport/trave...er-bush/by-bus
Then you can search accommodation locations here: https://www.lothianbuses.com/ to check if there's a bus stop nearby!
(Original post by lumlum)
do you have any idea which accommodation is the closest to the bus stop? or which street approximately? sorry if I asked too much, but that was very helpful, thank you very much!!
towell69
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also on the official UOE accommodation pages - it lists how far each accommodation is from Easter Bush Campus and which busses to take. Having spent a few days in Edinburgh I found that there are many stops with frequent buses to vet school
(Original post by trythis)
There are a lot of bus stops in the city where you can take a bus to Easter Bush. You can find instructions on how to get to the campus here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/transport/trave...er-bush/by-bus
Then you can search accommodation locations here: https://www.lothianbuses.com/ to check if there's a bus stop nearby!
stimtothesky
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve found that Warrener road, Sciennes, Riego street, East Newington and a few others have a 27-33 min journey to Easter bush. Be careful because some places have a commute of over an hour! I’m also an offer holder for this year- hopefully see you in September!
lumlum
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by stimtothesky)
I’ve found that Warrener road, Sciennes, Riego street, East Newington and a few others have a 27-33 min journey to Easter bush. Be careful because some places have a commute of over an hour! I’m also an offer holder for this year- hopefully see you in September!
ooo thank you very much!! hope to see you soon too
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed