What type of music/ artist(s) do you listen to whilst studying? Watch

username4280702
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Title says it all. Need recommendations

*Edit: not just studying, but also working in general.
Last edited by username4280702; 10 months ago
Idg a damn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
vaporwave.

Check out the OSTs of the game Data Wing - it's sublime
Last edited by Idg a damn; 11 months ago
username4187664
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I know its a bit odd, but I quite like the Sky EPG music when doing Homework. Here is the link to Youtube for 2015, my personal favourite. I'm sad that they don't do it for 2019+ anymore.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by LegallyJasmine)
Title says it all. Need recommendations

Not sure if I posted this in the correct forum.
Classic rock. Love a bit of Aerosmith, Seether, Tonic, Bon Jovi, Tom Petty, AC/DC, The Who etc. I can work for hours with that kind of music blaring.
darkchidori925
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ones with no vocals.I like electonic music
blackvoid17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Usually indie music that I dont know the lyrics to so I'm not tempted to sing along
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Mildly classical (although electronic) either Anno 2070 OST or Anno 1404. Both have a classical vibe, the 2070 being music set in the future, so it has industrial undertones of heavy industry, whereas the 1404 is set in that time, so more relaxing pieces, they both have italian, latin and sometimes German vocals in some pieces, and heavy emphasis on the depth of sound that can be created with stringed instruments with using the human voice as an instrument in itself. Theses are city builder/economy simulations so the music is meant to be relaxing and immersive, but not too distracting.
Last edited by Max1989; 11 months ago
BC_SpaceWalker
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I don’t listen to music while revising. I find it very distracting.
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Swan Songs and Swan Songs II by Lord of the Lost are my go-to study music. It's essentially the product of what happens when a metal band crashes into a symphony orchestra. They also released all the tracks without vocals too ('Swan Symphonies' versions) which I sometimes listen to instead.

Example: Annabel Lee (if you're familiar with Edgar Allan Poe's work it's actually his poem of the same name put to music)

In a similar vein Blutengel's album Black Symphonies is also among my study music. Although theirs is more of a dark wave/classical mix.

Example: Soultaker

Failing that I listen to straight-up orchestral recordings. I was in a computer lab alone at uni a couple weeks back doing coursework so I took out my earphones and was loudly blasting an album consisting of works composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) not knowing that a class was due to come in at 3:30pm (I had been in there since like 1pm and my classmates had gone home at 2pm). That was a little embarrassing. :lol:

fun fact my username is a type of orchestra.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 11 months ago
bloomer36
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I listen to whatever music I want before studying to psych myself up, but not whilst studying because that doesn't usually result in productivity.
delia0117q
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
the coffee shop bossa nova 10 hours music on youtube when i really have to do work and i don’t feel motivated
french pop apple music streams for when i need to study but i feel like having fun with it as well
kurryyyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
lofi music , electronic music without vocals or new songs that i cant sing along to
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Swan Songs and Swan Songs II by Lord of the Lost are my go-to study music. It's essentially the product of what happens when a metal band crashes into a symphony orchestra. They also released all the tracks without vocals too ('Swan Symphonies' versions) which I sometimes listen to instead.

Example: Annabel Lee (if you're familiar with Edgar Allan Poe's work it's actually his poem of the same name put to music)

In a similar vein Blutengel's album Black Symphonies is also among my study music. Although theirs is more of a dark wave/classical mix.

Example: Soultaker

Failing that I listen to straight-up orchestral recordings. I was in a computer lab alone at uni a couple weeks back doing coursework so I took out my earphones and was loudly blasting an album consisting of works composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) not knowing that a class was due to come in at 3:30pm (I had been in there since like 1pm and my classmates had gone home at 2pm). That was a little embarrassing. :lol:

fun fact my username is a type of orchestra.
First time I've heard of these, thank you completely my type of music 100%. Like I do like orchestral things, but when there is a cross between orchestral/classical and another genre then that is complete bliss. Especially like the second one you posted, with the like 'anvil' sounds now and again, it makes me so happy.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Classical. Debussy, Bach (Goldberg Variations, wanna fee like Hannibal Lecter), Rachmaninoff, Ravel, Camille Saint-Saëns.

Movie soundtracks. Anything by James Horner (RIP) gets the juices flowing (Braveheart is the big hitta) or Newman (American Beauty, Green Mile, Road to Perdition).

Gesaffelstein is a good un, as well.
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Mainly current dance/electronic music. Artists such as Camelphat, M-22, Kokiri, David Guetta, who ever else has any good tracks out. I know that it is said to be bad for revision, but I like the energy boost.

If I want to be a bit more chilled, then I'll listen to some current R&B and rap. Artists such as Ella Mai, NAO, Not3s.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Apparently the best music for revising with is baroque music at low volume and tempo, which I use from time to time (Bach's Lute Suites are good for this).
Sometimes I listen to more orchestral music. Can be distracting though, especially if it's an absolute banger.
pickled
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Usually some Disney songs because I really like to sing along to them and get all nostalgic whilst doing work. Disney songs also really motivate me. Sometimes I'll also listen to pop or rock (along those lines). Anything that gets me hyped and motivated to work.
BenK64
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Rain sounds... anything else distracts me
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Generally something repetitive that will put me in a trance like state. Often Russian Hardbass.

(Original post by Notoriety)
Gesaffelstein is a good un, as well.
Or this.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Or this.
You have good taste, my friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (46)
31.08%
No (76)
51.35%
Don't know (26)
17.57%

Watched Threads