The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get A*A*A in 10 weeks??

Hey guys I study History, Economics and Geography. I am going to be brutally honest, my latest mock grades were around the E grades however I did not really try my best. People always tell me "Matthew your very smart I know you can do well etc" and I need the affirmation that yes it is possible to get these grades, bearing in mind I have an offer for Warwick.

Please may you give advice on how to revise these topics intricately to get the best grades eg, mind maps flashcards etc, your advice is much needed.

*my last mocks were in December btw
Original post by Champion123
Hey guys I study History, Economics and Geography. I am going to be brutally honest, my latest mock grades were around the E grades however I did not really try my best. People always tell me "Matthew your very smart I know you can do well etc" and I need the affirmation that yes it is possible to get these grades, bearing in mind I have an offer for Warwick.

Please may you give advice on how to revise these topics intricately to get the best grades eg, mind maps flashcards etc, your advice is much needed.

*my last mocks were in December btw

All you can do is try your best.
Your teachers must think you can get the required grades as you have the prediction, so its all down to you.

If you didnt try in Mocks that is down to you.
If you havent been working hard since mocks then that is down to you.
Cant change the past, just get on with it.
Do some decent exam practice and et it marked to start showing where you are. You need more A grade work.
Reply 2
For economics i would learn the structure for evaluate questions e.g. 12 25 and 8. Keep to:
para 1 definitions and link to question
para 2 advanatge
para 3 another advanatge
para 4 disadvantage
para 5 another disadvanatge
para 6 conclusion/evaluation
Also it is vital that you develop points for top grades.You need to say this leads to this leads to this and therefore leads to this etc etc
For example,an increase in aggregate demand leads to an increase in real gdp leading to economic growth and therefore an increase in employment. The increased employment also lead to a multplier effect through higher consumption and therefore a further increase in aggregate demand further increasing emlloyment and economic growth

Quick Reply

Latest