Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Question above. Especially biology degrees? Best in terms of good facilities, good courses with lots of optional modules.
username3158728
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
Question above. Especially biology degrees? Best in terms of good facilities, good courses with lots of optional modules.
University of Nottingham, University of Warwick, Univeristy of Birmingham, Loughborough, Durham. The list goes on
<..........>
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
University of Edinburgh/University of Glasgow both have excellent reputations and facilities for STEM subjects, and their course structures tend to allow for a lot of elective modules.
Harlastan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Manchester is quite flexible, all biosciences have the same first year and you can switch between any of them
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...full-tp6dzs7wn

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ue-tables-2019

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings
Last edited by A Rolling Stone; 2 years ago
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on what area of biosciences you're interested in; it's a very broad range. Southampton and Bangor have very strong marine biology programmes for example, while Dundee have a notable anatomy department which as well as a degree unto itself, contributes to biomedical sciences and anthropology degrees there I believe.

The biosciences represent a very broad range of courses so it's hard to generalise...what area(s) of the biosciences are you interested in - human and biomedical sciences, fundamental biomolecular science, organismal and/or ecological biology, etc?
Last edited by artful_lounger; 2 years ago
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Depends on what area of biosciences you're interested in; it's a very broad range. Southampton and Bangor have very strong marine biology programmes for example, while Dundee have a notable anatomy department which as well as a degree unto itself, contributes to biomedical sciences and anthropology degrees there I believe.

The biosciences represent a very broad range of courses so it's hard to generalise...what area(s) of the biosciences are you interested in - human and biomedical sciences, fundamental biomolecular science, organismal and/or ecological biology, etc?
Just a biology degree.I am not fond of cellular and molecular biology.I prefer human biology and ecology.
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bristol, Bath, Leeds
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
exeter perhaps Penryn foe ecological biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (7)
11.48%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.2%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (26)
42.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (15)
24.59%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.28%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.92%

Watched Threads