ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I can't help but LOL @ the ridiculousness of their parliamentary election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47492747

So how does it work?

"Once it's your turn, you receive a ballot paper with just one name on it. There's nothing to fill in, no boxes to tick. You take that paper and put it into the ballot box, which is located in the open. !

There's also a voting booth where you could vote in private, but doing that would raise immediate suspicion, analysts say.
You theoretically have the right to cross out that single candidate. But, according to Mr Tertitsky, doing that would almost certainly mean the secret police go after you and you likely would be declared insane."

, Makes me feel lucky to live in the UK.......
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's not an election, it's a requirement by every nk citizen to state their devotion to the regime (or die). Basically the people are being dictated to like an actual totalitarian dictatorial regime does
I'm sure there are other countries where you can't choose who's in charge but won't be caught for not caring.
Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like the sort of conditions remainers would love to have for a second referendum.

Also Nazi Germany was more democratic than NK...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads