Whew Film studies RUBBISH TEACHER Watch

Glutenintolerant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My films studies teacher is is honestly so ****, know one knows what to do. We’ve never even done an exam question. (I’m first year) I don’t want to fail 🥺

How can I teach myself this subject
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mjhmichael18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am doing it at GCSE and my teacher knows what she is doing quite well.
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Glutenintolerant)
My films studies teacher is is honestly so ****, know one knows what to do. We’ve never even done an exam question. (I’m first year) I don’t want to fail 🥺

How can I teach myself this subject
Mention it to the head of department/head of year along with other students if you're all feeling this way. I had a terrible computing teacher, several spoke up and emailed the head of department who assessed a few lessons. A few weeks later we got a new teacher because they were not fit for teaching.

How do you define them being bad? Do they struggle answering questions? Do they not really have a plan long term? You will need to be constructive and clear where you feel they are failing.
Glutenintolerant
Rep:
?
(Original post by 8472)
Mention it to the head of department/head of year along with other students if you're all feeling this way. I had a terrible computing teacher, several spoke up and emailed the head of department who assessed a few lessons. A few weeks later we got a new teacher because they were not fit for teaching.

How do you define them being bad? Do they struggle answering questions? Do they not really have a plan long term? You will need to be constructive and clear where you feel they are failing.
I don’t know why no had reported him. This is why I think he’s not fit to teach.

1) he does not follow the specification he does random **** like looking at home many people went to the cinema in 2010

2) his lessons have no consistency, on Friday we were learning about Marilyn Monroe and on Monday we’ll probably be watching inception.

3) he makes us watch films that aren’t wven on the spec, so we’re just wasting our time

4) we haven’t been taught how to analyse a scene or how to even answer an exam question, we have never looked at the exam layout or anything.
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Glutenintolerant)
I don’t know why no had reported him. This is why I think he’s not fit to teach.

1) he does not follow the specification he does random **** like looking at home many people went to the cinema in 2010

2) his lessons have no consistency, on Friday we were learning about Marilyn Monroe and on Monday we’ll probably be watching inception.

3) he makes us watch films that aren’t wven on the spec, so we’re just wasting our time

4) we haven’t been taught how to analyse a scene or how to even answer an exam question, we have never looked at the exam layout or anything.
Film studies is quite open and not like maths with linear learning and progression. You try to cover as much as possible so you are cinematicly 'cultured'. This helps with the broad discussion questions you may end up with. Much like English where you study key poems and books but incorporate knowledge from others to draw links and references.

Speak others in your class and see what they think.
Ask the teacher about why you haven't done any exam questions, what their plan is ect.
Are there any other film study teachers? See what their classes are doing.
Glutenintolerant
Rep:
?
Unfortunately we don’t have any other teachers, he was retired but came back cuz the guy we were supposed to have, ended up having a mental breakdown
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads