DSA advice Watch

Kate T97
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone.
I got awarded DSA due to my dyslexia when I first came to university but this academic year I've really struggled with anxiety. It was bad enough that I had to go to the doctor and was prescribed medication.
As part of my DSA I have a tutor who has helped me quite a lot and I was looking to see if there was a way to get extra sessions with her for next year when I saw that DSA can be awarded for mental health conditions like anxiety and was wondering if it would be worth trying to contact someone to tell them about my new condition to see if I can get any additional help. If so who would I contact and how? Just so you know I hate phone calls they, make me very nervous, so could any contact details please be email addresses.
Also I know I would have to provide evidence to prove I have anxiety but what evidence would be best? Is a simple letter from my doctor enough or does it have to be something more specific? And what should be included in a doctors note for this? Any help would be appreciated.
Also posted in other sections as wasn't sure which would be best for response.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)

Watched Threads

View All