History, eng lit and ethics help needed Watch

Kuchan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello!
As my GCSEs are nearing I am finding myself extremely confident in some subjects but stressing over others.
Anyone can give advice on how to revisefor history, english lit and ethics.
For History I do Edexel, Nazi Germani, Medicine through time, Cold war and Anglo-Saxon England.
For English Literature I do AQA, power and conflict, an inspector calls and macbeth.
Ethics, I do AQA specification A.
Anna banana :)
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey,

I recommend that for english lit that:
-You make a character profile for each character, including quotes and key scenes. ALWAYS include why the writer has used that character or what the purpose of the character is.

-Make mind maps on themes in the plays, for example ambition in Macbeth. Include quotes and key scenes. Again, ALWAYS include the writer's purpose for that theme, for example for the ambition theme you could include the writer's intention to show the audience what ambition can lead to and therefore the consequences.

-For poetry make flashcards with key quotes on and have analysis for the quote on the other side.
Kuchan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thank you Anna!
Do you have any tips for ethics and history?
(Original post by Anna banana :))
Hey,

I recommend that for english lit that:
-You make a character profile for each character, including quotes and key scenes. ALWAYS include why the writer has used that character or what the purpose of the character is.

-Make mind maps on themes in the plays, for example ambition in Macbeth. Include quotes and key scenes. Again, ALWAYS include the writer's purpose for that theme, for example for the ambition theme you could include the writer's intention to show the audience what ambition can lead to and therefore the consequences.

-For poetry make flashcards with key quotes on and have analysis for the quote on the other side.
Anna banana :)
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
For history, I either make flashcards, or create a mindmap on a specific event, like the invasion of Ruhr, and get my parents to test me on it. Also, you can make a mindmap of a topic before you have revised it using all of the information you can remember, and then use a different colour to add all of the extra detail you missed after you revised it.

As for ethics, I honestly have never heard of it even though I'm currently doing my GCSEs too! I always reccomend flashcards however for pretty much everything.

There is also this website called Quizlet where you can make online flashcards. You can use them anywhere, even on your phone as they have an app. I tend to use it for science, and I tend to create my own paper flashcards for History though.
(Original post by Kuchan)
Thank you Anna!
Do you have any tips for ethics and history?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads